Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

Using Hud

Old
Using Hud - Sun Nov 17, 2013, 12:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
I dont use a hud, mainly because i not that computer savvy, though i know a lot of players do.

So yesterday i thought that instead of letting players with huds know my style i played in 50/£1 9 player cash nlhe. I only sat in for 15 minutes and then moved to another table again for a 15 minute period, walked away with a very good profit.

My question is do the huds keep the player information in its history if i keep moving tables so rapid.

Cheers

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 12:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
A HUD only keeps data for anyone that was sat on the same table. So if someone is with you for 25 hands, then he'll only have stats for you for 25 hands. That sample size is virtually meaningless, but it will be "remembered" forever by the tracker, so you if you sit with one of the same players in the future, he'll already have 25 hands of info about you.
That said, players' styles change overtime. I have some HUD stats from two years ago. Some of the players that were terribly loose/bad back then might be a lot more solid if I ran into them today.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 01:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
xxxx Post Moved to more appropriate forum -xxxxx

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 01:07 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2011
hi besides the HUD question be aware what you are doing is not liked by players,the hit and run style of table changing,you may find it hard to get a good table in fututre as players will just leave or sitout as soon as you join game.'
good luck

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 01:39 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettnz View Post
...........be aware what you are doing is not liked by players,the hit and run style of table changing,you may find it hard to get a good table in fututre as players will just leave or sitout as soon as you join game.'
good luck
Hi brettnz,
Yes it is true
BUT, I'm one that will prone leaving the table with a profit and opening a new one
The main goal of poker is to make money, ANY way possible and that is one of them.
As for a good table in the future, there will always be a table available. So many people play and on an average you will always see 2-3 players you've seen before.
Now I probably wouldn't do it at 200NL and higher as most players are regulars. (unless you play Zoom)

But Mike, if you really insist on leaving, play Zoom, you can leave anytime and comeback anytime and most players won't even notice it

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 03:37 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2011
Sandtrap yes zoom proberly the go,just with all the talk of ratholing "going South" anti software at moment its not hard to get listed as one ,rightly or wrongly .

Double Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com