Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl zoom AA vs river push

Old
2nl zoom AA vs river push - Mon Nov 18, 2013, 05:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

villain 20/17, 3b 8.2, AF river 5.50
fold F CB 55, fold T CB 0 (456 hands)
The river brings a good card to bluff I think, sets don't make sense neither does a King. Maybe he bluffs some straight draw+pair. Are those enough or am I beat more often then not?

Old
Mon Nov 18, 2013, 07:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
I would fold OTR if be honest. He might bluff that way , but I don't like catching bluffs on a wet board.
and which SD? T9 is there already FCB 55 means he folds in most cases without hitting , so he hit the board OTF.

Last edited by Shichi-77; Mon Nov 18, 2013 at 07:21 AM..

Old
Mon Nov 18, 2013, 10:03 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Pray,

I think the critical problem here isn't what to do now, it's what you did just before now... betting the river without a plan. Or maybe you did have a plan and are just intending to check the thought process, but it sounds like you weren't sure what to do to a raise. It's important to ask this question before you actually bet... bet/fold or bet/call, if they are easy decisions then bet away. If you won't know what to do, then consider altering your action so you won't be faced with this problem. That could be changing the bet sizing to make bet/fold or bet/call more clear, or not betting at all.

Here in this hand I would bet/fold. I think there's too much value left on the table from all the Kx in his range not betting, and feel comfortable enough folding to a check/jam as the more likely bluff line for villain is simply to bet out.

If we felt like the villain simply won't give us 3 streets of value with worse 1 pair hands, then we should check down, but at 2NL I think KT is paying us off generally.

If we have a read that he likes to c/r bluff rivers and are concerned about his high river AF in conjunction with that read, then we can check it down or bet/call.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com