Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

0.55 regular tourney playing KT CO 29BB

Old
0.55 regular tourney playing KT CO 29BB - Mon Nov 18, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
players:2100 remaining:550 itm:300
no read on the player

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=A849DBF669

is it a good fold?

Old
Tue Nov 19, 2013, 10:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi sapines1001

I think folding preflop would be my preferred method of action. K10o is a weak and vulnerable hand that doesn't play very well post flop, I'd rather make a speculative call with 89s or something than the K10.

As played, good fold. Calling the flop is fine and folding the turn is fine. There are lot of hands that have us beat and even if villain is semi bluffing with a hand like KQ/AQ he still has a lot of equity against us.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Tue Nov 19, 2013, 11:15 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
You could also 3b pre.

Old
Tue Nov 19, 2013, 03:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewMe1 View Post
Hi sapines1001

I think folding preflop would be my preferred method of action. K10o is a weak and vulnerable hand that doesn't play very well post flop, I'd rather make a speculative call with 89s or something than the K10.

As played, good fold. Calling the flop is fine and folding the turn is fine. There are lot of hands that have us beat and even if villain is semi bluffing with a hand like KQ/AQ he still has a lot of equity against us.

Cheers, Chris.

^^^
THIS

This is why big gapped,Broadway inclusive hands like K10 can get us in so much trouble...we hit a piece of the flop and really have no clue where we are in the hand. Look how this ended for you here...a 3 turns and you were still unsure enough of where you stood that you folded you hand here. There's no way you can say that you had any inking where you stood in the hand when you fold to a probable blanked card on the turn like that 2 was,no way.

Poker is hard enough without getting ourselves into difficult spots needlessly.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com