Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Improving my game

Old
Question
Improving my game - Mon Nov 18, 2013, 05:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
ChromeStar
I have one thing that I just noticed. I really started to look at improving my poker game last spring.
I used cash consistently and make a few final tables and win a few but, since I started trying to improve my game my results have gone down hill big time.
I barley cash now and I can not remember the last time I even made a final table. This has really gotten me down and I don't no what to do.

HELP PLEASE

Old
Mon Nov 18, 2013, 05:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Well you come to the right place that's a start. Never play if u feel down you wont play as well as you would normally.

Old
Mon Nov 18, 2013, 05:54 PM
(#3)
ChromeStar
Ya I hope I have. Ya I no, before I play I make sure I am in the right frame of mind but what happens in the game and afterwards is what kills me

Old
Question
Mon Nov 18, 2013, 07:01 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2011
What games do you play??

Old
Tue Nov 19, 2013, 03:59 PM
(#5)
ChromeStar
NLHE micro say from from $1 up to $4. Tournamnets and zoom

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 03:40 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
In tournaments you will go long stretches without hitting a final table,concentrate on making the best decisions and practice good bankroll management and post in the forum to see if your decisions are correct.

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 07:18 AM
(#7)
ChromeStar
Ya I understand that. Its just I can barley even cash anymore, and what do you mean post in the forum, like certain hands and stuff.

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 07:31 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2012
If you are barely cashing anymore there is obviously something wrong with your early and middle game actions.

In general there is little point in playing too many hands early on in a tournament because the blinds are low and not worth stealing, if you do win a big pot, your still not in a much better position to go deep than you were before. As the middle stages hit you should be dialling up the aggression, sensible aggression, and accumulating chips and taking some more chances. If possible, abuse the bubble, figure out who are the people hanging on for min cashes and put pressure on them.

There are lots of good videos on here. For micro level games I would suggest watching videos by chewme1 and ahar010.

For Zoom cash games there are just tonnes of good content from numerous trainers.

And post in the hand analysis forums with hands that trouble you. That includes hands you win where you think you messed up or just want to check the line you took.

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 09:33 AM
(#9)
Since: Mar 2013
Heya, I've been having the same issue as you. In short I call it *information tilt* It comes down to trying to do the correct things, implementing the things we recently learned and messing up often because we try too hard!
I just read an awesome post that helped me put things back in perspective. I really recommend you to take a look!
I wish you a lot of luck on and off the tables!

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...fe-here-at-PSO

<3 Ash

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 09:46 AM
(#10)
ChromeStar
Well thanks for info. And I no myself I am not playing to many hands early on and ill try and work on the aggression in the middle phases a bit more and let everybody know how I get on.

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 09:48 AM
(#11)
ChromeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashalina77 View Post
Heya, I've been having the same issue as you. In short I call it *information tilt* It comes down to trying to do the correct things, implementing the things we recently learned and messing up often because we try too hard!
I just read an awesome post that helped me put things back in perspective. I really recommend you to take a look!
I wish you a lot of luck on and off the tables!

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...fe-here-at-PSO

<3 Ash
Ill have a look at that article thanks for the help and I think from what you just said has diagnosed my problem cheers.

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 08:28 AM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
Yes I would suggest posting hands in the hand analysis section.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com