Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Mon Nov 18, 2013, 07:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion

Old
Mon Nov 18, 2013, 09:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 19, 2013, 01:33 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello normanho,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Bankroll builder feedback - Wed Nov 20, 2013, 01:44 AM
(#4)

Got it all in with jacks along with four other players, surprisingly I was ahead and flopped a set and that about sums it up.

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 10:37 AM
(#5)
Hi normanho,

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 01:52 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by normanho View Post

Got it all in with jacks along with four other players, surprisingly I was ahead and flopped a set and that about sums it up.
Hi normanho!

Nice pot

I think you would have been better off just calling behind preflop. Firstly, JJ is a strong starting hand, however, it is hard to play postflop since there are so many possible overcards that also fit in the ranges of the opponents. Here there are a whole bunch of players in the pot. Raising at a play money table, and to a certain degree at 2NL, won't get everyone to fold. Therefore, raising as a semi-bluff is not a good idea. It won't work. Raising for value with JJ might be ok against a single opponent but not with half the table.

At play money and 2NL, the biggest leak of most players is that they play too many hands and call too many bets postflop with marginal hands (top pair weak kicker, draws, middle pocket pair etc). Because ofthis, the best strategy for beating the game here is to be fairly careful preflop (just calling in this case). Then betting/raising every chance you get postflop those times when you make a strong hand such as a set or better. For example, in this hands, you would have been safer just calling preflop. This limits your potential losses. Yet, once you flop a set, you would likely have won nearly as much as you did here. Winning players at the microstakes win most of their big pots post flop

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 04:37 AM
(#7)
I have passed the poker basic course.

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 01:09 PM
(#8)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 06:34 PM
(#9)
Three reasons why a player may want to make a big bet are:
1) To put pressure on opponents
2) To bluff people off decent hands
3) To gain value from very big hands

I also studied and passed the cash game quiz.

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 06:47 PM
(#10)

UTG+1 raise 3X big blind, I call with pocket 7's in the small blind. flop comes 4 4 8 rainbow, I check and he bets just above half the pot. The turn comes a 5 giving me a straight draw, I check and now he bets two thirds pot, I called. River pairs the 8, I was planning to fold to a big bet on the river but he checked behind he had jacks but he could have had AK AQ but over pair seems reasonable for a raise in early position. Should I have folded the turn ? I don't think so no form of 8 or 4 could be in his range unless its pocket 88 maybe.

Old
Fri Nov 22, 2013, 06:52 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 22, 2013, 05:51 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi normanho,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this post
When villain bets the turn again, I think his hands will be overpairs more often than not because the turn does not bring a scare card they could 2nd barrel with a hand like AQ forexample. I think most of his Ax hands will check the turn.
So the hands that are betting the turn will be: AA-66 against that range we have 24% equity and we are only going to improve OTR 12% of the time so yes I think we should fold the turn vs a 2nd bet from an UTG open because I don't expect to see bluffs or worse hands in their range.

Old
Sat Nov 23, 2013, 06:49 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 23, 2013, 08:07 AM
(#14)

AK in late postion I raised 3X then the small blind comes in for a 3-bet that was 5 times my raise and then the big blind flats I was contemplating to fold or call but then I jus opted to call. Flop came and i hit a K he led and a jam he snaps he got aces. should i have folded pre-flop or should i have played it slower, even tho I don't think I was getting away with a flop like that

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 08:01 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 09:41 PM
(#16)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Did you have any specific reads on villain7? Knowing how tight they are could have ultimately led to us not losing a 125bb stack with top pair. Let's start with pre-flop, villain7 made such a HUGE re-steal sizing of 30c, this is much more than the standard amount and could be an indicator as to what the strength of their hand is, usually a premium pocket pair AA KK QQ JJ or the rare occasion of them spazzing with an inferior ace AQ AJ AT. If we had reads that they are loose and spazzy then by all means there would be merit in either 4betting to win the pot uncontested or induce a light 5bet all in or flatting to keep most of their weak range in the pot and get the most value post flop...But knowing that they'll be at a positional disadvantage post flop and showing the willingness to play an inflated pot... I'd strongly consider folding pre-flop. Without specific reads or slight grasp about their tendencies we can't feel 100% certain that we'll be ahead of their range diving into the post flop abyss that is poker...

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by CannonLee; Sun Nov 24, 2013 at 09:44 PM..

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2013, 07:22 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant,

Your Bankroll Builder progress is moving along nicely and you will receive your 3rd bonus later today!

Step Three

Now we really want you to up your game! Your challenge is to earn 10 VPPs after getting today's buy-in.

Note that any VPPs that you have earned up to this point won't count, only those earned AFTER you get your 3rd buy-in.

When you hit your target of 10 VPPs we will award you with your final Bankroll Builder bonus. Let us know when you reach the target.

Also, if you make a deposit at this stage we will also award you with your final bonus.

Best of Luck at the tables and let us know as soon as you have earned the 10 VPPs or if you make a deposit.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2013, 01:35 AM
(#18)
I have completed the target of 10 VPP's

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2013, 08:48 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by normanho View Post
I have completed the target of 10 VPP's
Hello,

'Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 4th bonus'

Remember it's 10 VPPs earned AFTER you got your last buy-in, not 10 VPPs total (any VPPS earned before you got your last buy-in do not count)

If you have earned 10 VPPs AFTER you got your 3rd bonus then your 4th bonus should be credited to you automatically within 24 hours.

Let me know when you get it and I'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2013, 07:54 PM
(#20)
I have received it

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com