Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Frank wants to learn and use $8.

Old
Frank wants to learn and use $8. - Tue Nov 19, 2013, 06:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
Hi,
I found out about this promotion when I logged in to PokerStars. I have been playing poker for about two and a half weeks now. I really like it - the aspect of logic, reading your opponents and applying both to bluff to get the quick money, or trap to get the big one. I would love to get some lessons how to play well, because I do not have any foundations in poker as of yet, I am just trusting my guts a lot of the times. Also the $8 would really be useful, as I am unable to afford that myself at this time. Hope you read this message.

Frank.

Old
Tue Nov 19, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 19, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello FrankPRamsey,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Some random winning hand from a tournament. - Thu Nov 21, 2013, 08:34 AM
(#4)

This is one of the hands I played in a mixed Hold'em Omaha tournament #818023655 (I did not see that it's Omaha too, so I learnt Omaha on the spot with the help of another player at the table) where I took 50th place out of 2717, and got a ticket to Sunday 24th November #818022830.

Old
AA at 25/50 play money table - Thu Nov 21, 2013, 08:45 AM
(#5)

Self explanatory I guess. I did not raise much preflop, because I wanted to get as most preflop pot as I could and let more people see the flop so they might decide they have something that beats whatever that I have. And evidently I didn't even have to raise - I went all in by calling... Obviously there was the possible flush draw, the possible straight, but his raising did not convince me.

P.S. watching this now, especially after completing the basic poker course, it's amazing how I didn't get beaten, since the board was so wet from the very flop.

Last edited by FrankPRamsey; Thu Nov 21, 2013 at 08:48 AM..

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 08:57 AM
(#6)
Hi FrankPRamsey,

Thank you for posting these hands for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you. Please note that this this promo is all about full-ring (9-player) ring games, so in future only post hands from this type of table. But we'll have your posted hands looked at nonetheless.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once they've been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Worst mistake ever? - Thu Nov 21, 2013, 09:01 AM
(#7)
Flop: 9s Jc Ac ... I am still in the game, my hand is Jd Qc.
Turn: 10c ..... At this point there is a deluge of bets and raises and reraises, so I think: 'What are the chance of getting a king?'. At that point didn't even consider Kc.....
River: Kc.

I was speechless. Shut down my laptop, went to bed and thought about this for two hours. How long do I have to wait for such an opportunity again... I hope I get one more.

I have a screenshot too, but not sure why it does not get uploaded here.

Old
9 players, roger that!! - Thu Nov 21, 2013, 09:04 AM
(#8)
Okay, I will post only the full 9 player ones.

Thanks!

By the way, What should I do next? I completed the basic poker quiz, went to few tournaments, got some decent results, posted some here... What do I do now in order to progress towards the promotion?

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 01:28 PM
(#9)
Hi FrankPRamsey,

Ouch, I feel your pain. According to the probability of a Royal Flush, you need to play another 649,739 hands before you'll see one again. Of course, it could happen next week or not for 50 years, but that's the average. I've had two in 13 years and seen a few more at tables I've been playing at. A friend had his 4 of a kind beaten by one just this week, poor soul hehe. With the first one I had the suited 9 came as well (astronomical odds!), but of course we can count only 5 cards in our poker hands.

Once the hands are analysed I can award your bonus and we can move onto the next step.

flophitter

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 09:21 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi FrankPRamsey!

Please note that if you play even ONE cash tournament or any type of game other than 2NL NLHE FULL RING. You will make yourself ineligible for all future bonuses in this promotion.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 22, 2013, 04:49 AM
(#11)
Hi John,

I did not play any cash game, but I have read about free tournaments in PokerStars on your site and played some (Holdem NL Play Money, Holdem Omaha mixed (didn't see it's Omaha too), PokerSchoolOnline tournament), but I won only play money so far - no real money. I didn't know I can't play tournaments - sorry! Am I still eligible for the promotion?

Frank.

Old
Fri Nov 22, 2013, 07:04 AM
(#12)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on this stack depth we can certainly consider entering the pot with this hand, however if any raising action ensues behind us..just pitch the hand into the muck. There are sveral combos of Jx that have us outkicked and let's also not forget pocket pairs. A good rule of thumb when deciding to enter the pot first in, is to make the standard raise sizing of 3x the big blind, this will help to ensure a pot is built and we'll have the intiative post flop..(we might even be able to buy the button if the high jack, cutoff and button fold).

Post flop, given that this is a mutliway limp pot, the villains ranges are going to be weak the majority of the time and we'll be slightly ahead of their range. From here on out consider min bets to be a check, weak bets = weakness and a limping range is perceieved as a weak range. Given our immediate pot odds with two over cards to the nine and the open ended straight draw...we can call as our equity is well beyond mediocre. On the river, i would have made a sizing of 3x the villains raise as they were sitting deep enough to call that standard sizing...anything less than this amount would be loosing value to 7x combos that the villin may have.

Hand Analysis

Facing two limps and given that we are on the button (which means we will have a positional advantage post flop) I would have made the standard sizing of 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper (please see reasons for raising in previous hand analysis)..also pocket aces really wont play to well multi way,,,so making the standard sizing will possibly squeeze out the players in the blinds and isolate one or two villains that limped from earlier positions...

Post flop, these low middling boards are so tough to play, especially when there is a draw present. Since we do not have the ace of hearts as a blocker to the nut flush draw..we can represent it..we could call jsut as you did to keep the villains entire range barreling into us..however there are several turn cards that hurt our course of action and quite likely the villain too, let's get the value now..so raising to get value from draws, 7x 8x slowplayed under pairs would have the most merit. Nice hand and nice pot!

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 22, 2013, 07:55 AM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Super stuff!

Please let us know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic quiz and we'll ship your first bonus to you

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
All is done. - Fri Nov 22, 2013, 08:00 AM
(#14)
Dear FlopHitter,

I have completed the quiz, uploaded some hands (can upload more if you would like, much better executed ones) and got them analyzed. Could you please tell me what is my next step?

Ragards,
Farnk.

Old
Quiz is done! - Fri Nov 22, 2013, 08:01 AM
(#15)
Hello,

I have completed the quiz!! And you can see the uploaded hands above. Could you please tell me what should I do now?

Frank.

Last edited by FrankPRamsey; Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 01:29 PM..

Old
Sat Nov 23, 2013, 07:15 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 23, 2013, 10:22 AM
(#17)
Thank you very much for the $2. I have only 38 cents left I think, because I made one fatal mistake against an opponent (I will post the hand in a second).

'Why a player might want to make a big bet?':
1. Because he might want to protect his good hand preflop against potentially strong hands such as low suited connectors, etc.
2. Because he might have hit the nuts on the flop and want to value bet to build a massive pot.
3. To force weak opponents fold their winning hands against his weak one (bluff).

In the next comment I will post the hand that I lost with.

Frank.

Old
Sat Nov 23, 2013, 10:27 AM
(#18)

The way I see it, my main mistake was in preflop raise - I had to make it at least 5 or more times the BB. I did not watch the video for betting, so I did not realize that at the time. I thought my opponent had a 10, or an Ace, so I was guessing he had a gut shot straight. But apparently he had the straight right from the flop. I just couldn't fold the set...

Old
All is done. - Sat Nov 23, 2013, 05:14 PM
(#19)
I have completed the Cash Game Quiz. I have uploaded a video of a hand. I have answered the three questions posed above. I am ready for the next exercise and for the next $2 to play in the full ring NLHE!

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 07:44 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com