Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NLH 6max Zoom. Target VPIP/PFR stats for good profitability.

Old
NLH 6max Zoom. Target VPIP/PFR stats for good profitability. - Wed Nov 20, 2013, 12:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi all (especially Gareth and Flix!!)

I'm working hard on my 6max NLH Zoom and I'm wondering what VPIP/PFR ranges are considered 'good' for a winning player.

At the moment I'm showing 30/22 from my most recent 3.8k hands. Is this a bit on the high side?

All feedback most welcome.

Cheers, Kevin.

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi CptKevUK

Stats can vary quite a bit based on personal style and buyin level among other things. Stats also correlate with eachother. You play 5NL Zoom, correct? I suggest you post a pic of all your stats, not just vpip/pfr, preferably by position. Do this and we will be able to give you more concrete advice. Note though that 4K hands isn't a big sample size.

I play a fairly plain vanilla ABC game boardering on nitty. You can see my stats from a few months ago for 5NL 6-Max Zoom (and the type of pic I mean) here in post nr 40

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 01:22 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
You can find what you're looking for right here:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...Statistic-blog

GL

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 01:23 PM
(#4)
Hi Roland, thanks for the reply. Sounds like a good idea re getting valuable feedback. What's the best way of inserting pics into a blog post?

Cheers, K.

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 01:25 PM
(#5)
Nice one Sandy, I'll have a look at that, thanks.

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 01:58 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptKevUK View Post
Hi Roland, thanks for the reply. Sounds like a good idea re getting valuable feedback. What's the best way of inserting pics into a blog post?

Cheers, K.
There is a little Insert Image icon in the messaging screen. Just use that

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 02:51 PM
(#7)
Ok, here's a couple of pics I've pulled from PT4.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I hope you guys can make some sort of sense out of these?!

Cheers, K.

Last edited by CptKevUK; Wed Nov 20, 2013 at 02:54 PM..

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 03:01 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
Positional stats for VPIP, PFR and 3-bet would be more useful. I don't use PT4, but I presume you can get those numbers by clicking "By Position" about half way down on the right hand side.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 03:13 PM
(#9)
Ok Arty, how about these ones?!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 12:21 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2011
I would tighten up in early positions. As your VPIP is so high my quess is you like to play dominated hands. Which will cost you in the future.

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 12:53 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by morduk666 View Post
I would tighten up in early positions. As your VPIP is so high my quess is you like to play dominated hands. Which will cost you in the future.
??????

Your VPIP is slightly high across the board
You should be between 11.2% and 22.8%
You like to steal from the Button (41.33) and protect in the BB (35.87) (I would also add your CO stats)
LET GO, it's not worth it. If you want to steal and protect, first learn to play and become a winning player, than you can add them. I'm not saying never do it, but there's a time to do it, against some players and with descent cards.

Your PFR should be between 12.7% and 20.0%
BTN and CO are way over

I would say, you're a very loose player and very aggressive in late position

Just my 2 cents

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 02:40 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
??????

Your VPIP is slightly high across the board
You should be between 11.2% and 22.8%
You like to steal from the Button (41.33) and protect in the BB (35.87) (I would also add your CO stats)
LET GO, it's not worth it. If you want to steal and protect, first learn to play and become a winning player, than you can add them. I'm not saying never do it, but there's a time to do it, against some players and with descent cards.

Your PFR should be between 12.7% and 20.0%
BTN and CO are way over

I would say, you're a very loose player and very aggressive in late position

Just my 2 cents
I meant his vpip is very high in early positions(combined full ring and 6max). If he continues to open with such wide range it might lead to blind leakage, low equity on flop - showdown winnings goes down. Kicker domination with top pair is one of those situations. As his pfr is 21% in EP i quess he opens KT,JT,AT type of hands.

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 04:24 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
You have a sample size of 3800 hands. I would suggest not making too many sweeping changes or adjustments based on this. I mean seriously, 3800 hands? What information can be taken from 3800 hands?

I don't use pt4, but I know UO pfr% on hm2 is very useful. If there is a comparable stat in pt4 I would highly recommend adding it. You should be more concerned with that number by pos, than just looking at vpip/pfr by pos.

Maybe it's just me, but I would highly suggest evaluating things at around the 25k mark. 3800 hands is not even remotely close to being a useable sample size in the slightest.

As far as ranges for a "winning" player go, don't worry about that, worry about making the best decisions at all times. Winners come in all shapes and sizes. A range that will work for some players may not work for you. There is no cookie cutter approach to the game. Don't do something JUST because someone said to do it, or because it fits the "range" you were told to use. Doing certain things might be profitable for some players, but just because it's profitable for them, does not mean it will be profitable for you.

Maybe you're more of a LAG player naturally. Trying to adopt more of a TAG style would not be good, and vice versa. What works for a TAG might not work for you. Find a style of play that YOU enjoy, and that works for YOU. Play more hands and get a useable sample size. THEN you can begin to find areas where you need improvement.

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 05:36 PM
(#14)
Hmmm, interesting stuff. Thank you for your responses.

I think the main thing is that I'm not a profitable player at the moment and something has to change it would seem!!

I want to be a winner not a looser

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 05:52 PM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2012
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...leuth-CptKevUK

Might be worth taking a trip back in time to see what was happening around the time of your Sleuth review with Dave and how it correalates with where you are now.

I find myself watching my own review quite a bit and finding bits and pieces of use that I didnt catch before.

Old
Thu Nov 21, 2013, 06:02 PM
(#16)
Now there's a good idea for sure. If only I could find it again. The new site doesn't seem to list the old vids like it used to.

I'll look into it though, good idea.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com