Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1 180 hand for analysis

Old
$1 180 hand for analysis - Fri Nov 22, 2013, 10:23 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
BronzeStar
Would like to know how i played this.
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...601_67CA76FFB3

Old
Fri Nov 22, 2013, 10:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi 3wadefan,

You Played it fine I think but in reality that depends on your reads of the villian.

some questions

1. is 3x your standard open with a limper in the pot?

2. when vilian called check raise on the flop what did you put him on?

3. did you consisder shoving the flop?

4. with the flush getting there on the river did you consider just calling the 80 chips?

5. what range did you think the viliian had and how did that change throughout the hand

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 22, 2013, 11:01 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2013
BronzeStar
The villian was playing 50% of pots, any time he had AQ+ JJ+ so far no matter what action if any pre flop he just shoved
1. No i would usually 4x that, i dont know why i did that there.
2. I had him on any pair.
3. i considered, but i figured from what a saw of the villian, that he would call 3 streets of betting more then a shove.
4. I did consider calling, but i really just didnt believe he had the flush. i think he would of played it diffrently one turn if he was drawing for a flush.
5. i had him on up to A10, or up to KJ

Last edited by 3WadeFan; Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM..

Old
Fri Nov 22, 2013, 11:26 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WadeFan View Post
The villian was playing 50% of pots, any im he had AQ+ JJ+ so far no matter what action if any pre flop he just shoved
1. No i would usually 4x that, i dont know why i did that there.
2. I had him on any pair.
3. i considered, but i figured from what a saw of the villian, that he would call 3 streets of betting more then a shove.
4. I did consider calling, but i really just didnt believe he had the flush. i think he would of played it diffrently one turn if he was drawing for a flush.
5. i had him on up to A10, or up to KJ

so based on your reads you played in fine.

personally for me I think the dimond may have slowed me down but without knowing the table dymanic its hard to say.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 07:23 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 3WadeFan!

With AA and a limper in front of me, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With this being the case, I'll raise to 80. I want to keep all of my bets standard, so that the opps are continually guessing as to the cards that I have. Players that bet more or less based on their cards are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent... something that I want to avoid.

I see a HU flop IN position that brings three unders. The opp now leads into me for an abnormally small bet of 40. A standard bet with one opp is 1/2 pot, so since they bet small, I need to raise by 1/2 pot in order to price out any draws that the opp may have. Due to this, I will raise to 135.

The turn is another under and I need to do the same thing when the opp makes another abnormally small bet. I will once again raise by 1/2 pot, so I will raise to 325... BUT... this bet will basically pot-commit me, as I will be putting in 1/3 of my remaining chips. Due to this, I'm shoving the turn.

I need to keep all of my bets standard and make them large enough that I price out any possible draws. When I bet too small, if I give the opp a +EV draw to beat me.. it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com