Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Nov 23, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Sat Nov 23, 2013, 10:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 23, 2013, 11:01 PM
(#3)
Hi empty515,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 01:12 PM
(#4)
good play with pocket pair even on the board was king?

good bluff in sitngo or too risky?

tnx

Old
step 3 - Sun Nov 24, 2013, 01:29 PM
(#5)
I have passed poker basic quiz

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 11:46 PM
(#6)
Thank you for posting these hands for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once they've been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2013, 01:34 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi empty515!

This promotion is only for FULL RING cash tables. Once you receive your first bonus, playing any other type of game (cash tourney, cash sng, etc) will make you INELIGIBLE for all future bonuses in this promotion.

With QQ or any other hand that I want to open with, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper or 30 chips. I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard so that it helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent... something that I need to avoid.

I see a 6-way flop with an overcard to my QQ. While I normally make a c-bet when I raise, this is one situation where I do not want to and need to check. With this many opps in the hand, someone most likely has a K, which means that I'm behind.

If all of the opps check, then on the turn, I will make a standard value bet and with 4+ opps, I need to make a pot-sized bet as this is the standard amount. I do not want to bet less than this because I could then be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me... something else that I need to avoid.

If the opp calls the turn bet, I will check the river and hope to get to showdown, as my hand may not be ahead but does have showdown value.
--------
With a trash hand like 38o (the second worst starting hand in NLHE), I'm happy to check from the BB and see a free flop.

I totally miss the flop and will check and hope to see a free turn card. If the opp bets, then I need to fold. I do not want to bluff here and if I did want to try one, I need to make it look like I'm betting for value and a standard raise amount here is to 3X the previous bet. The reason that I don't want to bluff is that an A or higher should be leading the flop or raising preflop and if the opp has any hand at all, they should be calling a raise.... as even 9x should be ahead of my hand if I check.

When the opp calls and I get a 2 on the turn, I need to check/fold.... what hand would the 2 have helped? 22 should have folded on the flop, so should have a gutshot draw. The bet here doesn't make sense and if I was the opp, I'd shove the turn here every time, even with bottom pair. Bets that don't make sense are normally a bluff and are easy for observant opponents to spot.

The key in this hand is to check/fold when I miss and to not bluff. I want to be putting my chips into the middle when I'm ahead, not when I'm behind.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2013, 02:16 PM
(#8)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
2 steps - Tue Nov 26, 2013, 09:13 AM
(#9)
1) I think I played well this hand. bad luck on the turn :/

this is perfect hand for me I could not mess it up

2)Three reasons why a player may want to make a big bet:
1. To put a lot pressure on opponents
2. To bluff people off decent hands
3. To gain value from very strong hands

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#10)
Thank you for posting these hands for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once they've been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
step 3 - Thu Nov 28, 2013, 08:03 AM
(#11)
I have passed the Cash Game quiz.
I completed all three steps.

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2013, 11:17 PM
(#12)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on such a short stack depth of 23bb we could try to isolate one of the limpers for the standard amount as we could 1.) win the pot uncontested pre-flop or 2.) get called, usually a limping range perceived as a weak range of holdings and our hand will do fairly well versus their loose range. Keep in mind though that we'll have just a little bit over a pot sized bet remaining if we get one caller, which is not a problem, we still have leverage because we can jam most flops that we flop equity. Having one over card and a flush draw it's best to maximize what fold equity we have now by going all in instead calling to re-evaluate (we are not deep enough to). Unfortunate outcome to this hand, the villain was dominated and spiked.

Hand Analysis

Post flop, all we can really do is either check call the flop to keep the villains entire range in the pot to try and make their hand on later streets or make a continuation bet, however cbetting the flop will induce more folds than we would like to see as it's just so hard for the villain to have connected with this flop taking card removal into account as two tens and three jacks are out

As played on the turn, it's fine to check once again, the villains minbet on the flop shows weakness and their check on the turn may be high cards combos they would like to get to showdown with. Very nice hand and well played!

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 29, 2013, 12:40 AM
(#13)
Hi empty515,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
10 vpps :) - Sat Nov 30, 2013, 05:11 AM
(#14)
I have earned 10 vpps

Old
Sat Nov 30, 2013, 05:18 PM
(#15)
Our records do not show you as having 10 VPPs as yet. Keep playing and they will come.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 01, 2013, 02:28 AM
(#16)
I think I did now?

Old
Sun Dec 01, 2013, 09:29 PM
(#17)
Hi ,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
another 10vpps :) - Fri Dec 06, 2013, 10:56 AM
(#18)
I have earned another 10 vpps

Old
Sat Dec 07, 2013, 08:42 PM
(#19)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the hand analysis forums in the Poker Education section. Also, it is a good idea to review some of the content on Bankroll Management at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 04:43 AM
(#20)
Thank you guys for help and for everything else, you are the best
I need to learn a lot to become a good poker player, but with the PSO is much easier
Another thank you for everything

Kind regards, empty515

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com