Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NLz 6max. A dream sb squeeze with AA - how to play?

Old
10NLz 6max. A dream sb squeeze with AA - how to play? - Sun Nov 24, 2013, 01:08 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi guys one rare shot at 10NL, in a vacuum so no reads.

We are in the sb with AA facing a co open and flat call by the btn. I didn't want to make my isolation raise size too big and push two players out. The result of that was both called.

Dream flop AKTcch we have top set AAds.

Ok it plays out fine but I tweeted a note to myself (to get a boom link):

"Smallish 3b isolation raise no 4b or flop raise note here"

Pause replay on my shove 9 turn for hand reading?

I couldn't range my opponent so just shove and hope no JTcc?

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 07:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2013
- size for squeeze indeed was a little small.
- bet sizing need a little bigger on the flop as well so you could easily push on the turn without overbetting if ever turn card is blank as shown.

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 07:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Forrest,

I agree, squeeze a bit bigger here, and definitely size the turn bigger, I'd go about 2.35, which sets up a much nicer turn shove.

We don't mind if he's got JcTc, he's a decisive underdog with that hand and 1 card to come. If he's got specifically QJ, so be it, we still have 10 outs at least. We are crushing Ax, KQ/KJ/KT, QT, JT, KK, TT, over all our equity vs. his action range should be quite good here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com