Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

0.50$ 180 man AK

Old
0.50$ 180 man AK - Sun Nov 24, 2013, 09:42 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...262_57FEC2C2C6

No reads on the villain.

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 03:15 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2013
The 4th club made it better for you really, if you thought he had the flush on the flop then his worry would have been weather or not it was counterfeited on the river by 1 bigger club in your hand.

Best option would have been a semi bluff shove after his 500 bet if you were gonna do anything IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 07:22 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
Good fold at river. I think you should have a little bit lower preflop raise at 50/100 blind level. You raise up to 250 and if u get called pot will be pretty big and when you dont hit/ hit but bad flop comes youre about to play for stacks ( good you have position) but you cant pot control in that case, even if you dont hit and cbet you will invest a bit too much. Also in this hand you are pretty much pot commited against BTN/CO, you giving away you hand strangeth here as well. Id reccomend you to go minraise in 50/100 blind level
In this hand if you made minraise (pot would be 450), cbet 250-350 and when spades come you check/folding

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 08:56 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kykkylik!

With AKo from the hijack, when it folds to me, I'm going to make a standard opening raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 300. If you use 250 as your standard bet, that's ok, but I wouldn't want to bet less than my standard raise.

I see a HU flop IN position and get good and bad news. Yes, I hit two pair, but this is a very coordinated board. When the opp checks to me, I'm going to make a standard value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With one opp, a standard sizing is normally 1/2 pot... but on this wet of a board, I need to make a larger bet of 2/3 pot. Due to this, I will bet 367. The reason that I need to bet more is that I now need to price out a possible combination draw (straight and flush).

The turn is a fourth spade and when the opp checks to me, I'm going to check behind here for pot control. Anyone that calls my flop bet most likely has a spade and if so, I'm behind.

The river is a Q and now the opp leads for 500. To make the call here, I need to call 500 into a pot that will be 2250 (22.2%). Therefore, I need the opp to not have a spade nor set nor straight 22% of the time. Here is where I absolutely need a read on the opp. If there is a 22.2% chance they would bet a hand worse than mine (AQ, KQ), then I need to call. Otherwise, I need to muck. Without a read, I'm going to give them credit for a hand an muck.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. One thing you will never see me do unless I mis-click is to min-raise. The lowest that I will raise to is to 2.2BB+1BB for each limper and I do not get to that low of a raise until 1k/2k blinds. Min raising prices in too many hands, so I'll deserve to and will get drawn out by more hands, as the opps will be priced in to play more hands back at me.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com