Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

$1.50 Sit and Go win (more than meets the eye)

Old
$1.50 Sit and Go win (more than meets the eye) - Sun Nov 24, 2013, 12:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
I hate getting it in so early in a tourney but I think this spot was justified.

Many would just shove all in but I never gave up and didn't panic.

I wanted a load of limpers in this next spot but I'm calling any raise or shove. When I missed the flop completely I had to fold. I know I'm really short but still can pick a hand for all in.

Suited connectors are strong enough although I know I need to hit lucky.

Never panic again, just keep waiting on spots to accumulate chips.

Remember the whale that busted my KK? Unlucky bubbleboy.

50 chips and a chair

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 01:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
Wow, nice comeback. Congratz man!

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 01:21 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Really nice comeback.

Well done.

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 11:25 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
It feels so good when you come back from such a big deficit, awesome job.

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 11:28 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
nice one ovalman, and yes KK early is for sure one of that hands you can feel good about getting it all in.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2013, 07:21 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
Nice one indeed, well done Sir

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2013, 07:38 AM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
Thanks guys, I was 4 tabling and played my A+ game. I won 2 and a 2nd and 3rd.

I mentioned the T9s hand on my blog. Many would shove in this spot but limping here gives others a chance to limp behind me. If I shove I may scare out players who would otherwise limp. I don't mind if someone raises behind me, I'm never folding pre flop and T9s is a great hand in a multi way pot. When I bricked the flop I think it's an easy and correct fold even though it only leaves me with 50 chips. I never panicked at any stage and although I got lucky with the 97s I felt I played really well throughout.

The K5o call was a difficult decision but I felt 3 against 1 is a good way to KO the player as one of us would only bet if really strong. I felt doubly pleased because the player KO'd was the whale that cracked my KK with his QJo.

Heads up 2 pair was just too strong to pass even though I felt there was a decent chance I was behind. If he'd have raised pre he'd have won the hand without a showdown so it was his mistake and not mine. My check on the turn was to indicate weakness and I thought he would raise (as he had done before.)

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com