Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl zoom QQ mw

Old
2nl zoom QQ mw - Mon Nov 25, 2013, 04:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

utg is 14/10; fold to 3b 1/3; AF flop 5
433 hands
My first instinct told me that i'm beat ott, when he potted it. I think his range is just premiums, the only chance I have is for him to have AK with either of them of spades and he still has good equity against me.
Do I read him correctly? Any chance this is a call or shove?

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2013, 01:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Pray,

Am I misreading his stats? I'm reading it as 14/10 over 433 hands, and fold to 3B 1 of 3 times... that seems like it can't be right though (that he raised preflop 43 times and has only been 3b 3 of them?)

Regardless, if we give him a bit of a tighter range because he's opening UTG (I used 7.8% here) he's got plenty of worse opens: 77+,ATs+,KQs,AJo+

I think QQ is too strong to fold, and prefer to 4-bet/get it in after the shorty has 3B.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2013, 08:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi Pray,

Am I misreading his stats? I'm reading it as 14/10 over 433 hands, and fold to 3B 1 of 3 times... that seems like it can't be right though (that he raised preflop 43 times and has only been 3b 3 of them?)
If this is Zoom, maybe Praydk has been Fast Folding so the software doesn't know if he was 3bet or how he responded to the 3Bet?

I prefer to 4Bet Preflop. At this stage you have no reason to be particularly scared of the initial raiser and it's difficult to put the short-stack necessarily on a premium hand.

I'd probably call the flop bet but wouldn't be too thrilled about it.

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2013, 08:50 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I think QQ is too strong to fold, and prefer to 4-bet/get it in after the shorty has 3B.
Hi Praydk,

I'm with Dave... QQ is at the top of our range, so when faced with a 3bet p/f from the SS, I would be looking to 4bet/get it in here.

As played I would probably call at least one street Vs UTG's pot size bet, as it looks more like protection rather than made flush & re-evaluate OTT... poss continuing on non-spade / low cards [dependent upon Villains bet-sizing etc].

GL @ the tables.

Tony

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2013, 02:27 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2012
The stats are correct.
When we 4bet, do we expect utg to come along? If yes, with what range?

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2013, 10:44 AM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
If this is Zoom, maybe Praydk has been Fast Folding so the software doesn't know if he was 3bet or how he responded to the 3Bet?
The software knows. Even though we fast fold, once the hand is complete PS writes the completed history to our hard drive since we were dealt in the hand, and the stat tracker picks the completed history up from there.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2013, 10:54 AM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praydk View Post
When we 4bet, do we expect utg to come along? If yes, with what range?
I generally do not, but would guess his continuing range is at least TT+ AK+ at the tightest.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com