Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Mon Nov 25, 2013, 11:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
hi what do I have to do?

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2013, 01:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2013, 06:26 PM
(#3)
Hi BanksOnPS,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2013, 09:01 PM
(#4)
Hello

I played a hand and I wanted to know what was the good play on this , should I have folded before the three first cards or no? Because I had an ace I thought it was good...
and do I have to go all in because there are a lot of players? thank you

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2013, 11:20 PM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 27, 2013, 11:50 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BanksOnPS!

With A3o from the BB, I get two limps, then a raise and a call. I need to fold this to the preflop raise. I'm out of position, which means that it will be much tougher to play the hand postflop and I also have a marginal-at-best hand. When playing hands out of position, I only want to be playing very strong hands and need to fold anything marginal. Just because I have an ace or suited cards does not mean that the hand is strong enough to play, especially when facing a raise.

If I saw the flop (which I would not), when I flop two pair and the first opp checks to me, I need to make a standard value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4 opps in the pot, I need to make a pot-sized bet of 20. I cannot bet less than this or check because by doing so, I'm giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I give them the right odds and they win, it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

When there is a bet and raise by another opp, I do have two pair and even calling this bet pot-commits me (over 1/3 of my stack will be in the pot).. so my options are to shove or fold. With 2 pair, I'll opt to shove.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 27, 2013, 12:05 PM
(#7)
I really wanted to try out the site with real money so I deposit a few bucks because my free money didn't that fast :P , so I won't be eligible now is it right?

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2013, 11:24 AM
(#8)
Hi BanksOnPS,

Please continue on and finish the quiz for step 1 and we will continue to step 2. You will get the last 2 bonuses after you finish all the requirements for the first two steps.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com