Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

All in bingos!!!

Old
Thumbs up
All in bingos!!! - Tue Nov 26, 2013, 07:21 AM
(#1)
Aquaticpoker's Avatar
Since: Nov 2013
Posts: 6
well i am writting this topic to share what i have been facing for quite sometime now! Freerolls!? i guess many of us do participate in that ! and im sure everyone face them all in bingos atleast early in the tournament , well i have been happed to just get all the bingos on table only! i do knw best is to just fold and wait for the spot but it doesnt seems like i m getting any spot and afterall even if i smooth call no matter whats the position , someone has to shove all in ! well and ultimatly i just get shortstacked and needlessly i had to play mediocre hands to survive which mostly gets me busted! just wondering if there is any possible way to get pass over this! afterall u cant be lucky in poker always at the and u gotta play with skill ! but that just happens when its not all in play and when u can have some space to put in any stratgy! Anyone who is facing the same thing do share u views on this and lemme knw how u think u can get things to work , that would be very helful
 
Old
Default
Tue Nov 26, 2013, 07:47 AM
(#2)
wiltshireman's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,569
(Moderator)
xxx Moved to more appropriate forum xxx


Moderator
 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 02, 2013, 06:41 AM
(#3)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaticpoker View Post
well i am writting this topic to share what i have been facing for quite sometime now! Freerolls!? i guess many of us do participate in that ! and im sure everyone face them all in bingos atleast early in the tournament , well i have been happed to just get all the bingos on table only! i do knw best is to just fold and wait for the spot but it doesnt seems like i m getting any spot and afterall even if i smooth call no matter whats the position , someone has to shove all in ! well and ultimatly i just get shortstacked and needlessly i had to play mediocre hands to survive which mostly gets me busted! just wondering if there is any possible way to get pass over this! afterall u cant be lucky in poker always at the and u gotta play with skill ! but that just happens when its not all in play and when u can have some space to put in any stratgy! Anyone who is facing the same thing do share u views on this and lemme knw how u think u can get things to work , that would be very helful

Surprised no one has answered your posts. Free rolls you will always find that they are hard in the early stages, chips been dumped in from all angles.

Large amounts of players who just dont care, because it is exactly that free.

If you cant beat them, join them, shove any reasonable hand and cross your fingers, if you hit, then sit tight and play your game as you have the chips.

If you bust do not worry it was free.

I understand your frustration of wanting to build up a roll from free rolls.

My best advice would be to sit tight and have patience, but dont sit to tight, you know they are not shoving aces every hand in the free rolls.

GL
 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 02, 2013, 08:51 AM
(#4)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,809
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post

If you cant beat them, join them, shove any reasonable hand and cross your fingers, if you hit, then sit tight and play your game as you have the chips.
That is the ABSOLUTE WORST THING that you can do in these. Be patient and let them double you when you get a hand.

John (JWK24)


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Fri Dec 06, 2013, 01:27 PM
(#5)
Max_Kane's Avatar
Since: Nov 2013
Posts: 48
Hello!

Well, I'm hardly in any position to give advice, but if there is ANY Poker advice I can give, it's on Freerolls. Well, here's the thing: I've won 8 tickets to play the WR2, still have 5 of those, and I can tell you one thing: The only "strategy" that has worked for me is the following: IF YOU PICK A GOOD HAND, raise as you would if you were playing actual Poker, but if any number of villains do go all in on top of you, just call and hope for the best. Basically, only raise with hands that you'd be willing to call an all in bet with, and fold the rest. Don't get creative and try to play suited connectors in the beginning. If you win your first all in, you get a nice boost in chips, even if it's at the same time harder to win. Then you can just play regularly after that, having loads of chips.

Now, the thing about being tight early is that you miss out on an opportunity to be way better off in the middle phase. If you "start with 6000 chips", then you have a smoother run through the middle phase, when all the sitting out people and shortstacks suffer and start to drop like flies. After you've attained around 150k chips, you can safely sit out and wait for the bubble to burst. This is the only strategy that has worked for me and that I'd advise you to employ. Don't shove your best hands, but you can make them shove into your best hands, a raise en the first hands of the tournament accomplishes just that.

Take it EZ!
 
Old
Default
Fri Dec 06, 2013, 02:38 PM
(#6)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
That is the ABSOLUTE WORST THING that you can do in these. Be patient and let them double you when you get a hand.

John (JWK24)
i was not saying be gung ho, a reasonable hand i would consider is aj+, my reason would be ranging of the opps that often play the free rolls. The chances are AJ is good most of the time against shove ranges of a4s,low pairs, kj's.

Last edited by holdemace486; Fri Dec 06, 2013 at 02:41 PM..
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com