Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.1 MTT FR regular speed

Old
$1.1 MTT FR regular speed - Tue Nov 26, 2013, 03:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
There was last 100players from 2300. I have no info about him. I bet 2bb because at this stage of MTT betting more does not make any sence as I noticed. If they don't wanna play, the fold to 2bb as well as to 3bb.

I put him into any pair 22+ or AK. So I think i was a bit favourite. What do you think about the call?

btw what do you also think about the raise? should I rather stick with 3bb? I finished 48th.

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2013, 05:20 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I like the raise size Preflop - min raising is often the way to go when the blinds start getting big.

I think the call is actually pretty close - I think you're probably putting him on too wide a range, don't forget that he's seen a raise from Early Position. I think his range is something like 77+, AQ+, and you have a 50.2% equity against this range. Even if you take AQ out of his range, your equity is still 48%.

Given the pot odds we are getting I would also call like you did.

Old
Wed Nov 27, 2013, 10:18 AM
(#3)
So the range is a little bit smaller probably but it was not a bad call. Thanks for your opinon

Old
Wed Nov 27, 2013, 04:14 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
With 40bb, I think I prefer a 2.5bb open UTG. A minraise could cause calls from players in position, and the last thing you want with TT is to see a multiway flop that will contain overcards more than half the time.

Villain shoving 14bb vs EP open usually has a big hand. I'd expect something like 99+/AQo+/AJs+. You're not ahead of that range (you have about 45% equity) so I think you can get away sometimes. It's a +chipEV call (pot lays odds that translate to 41% equity required), but I'm not sure it's wise in ICM terms to take what amounts to a breakeven "flip" at this point.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2013, 01:27 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Rogger1999

At this stage of the tournament your raise sizing is fine and raising with the intention to call both player 5 and player 2 ought to be standard.
We must remember that we are 7 handed so our hand value goes up!

Taking into account the size of this playerrs stack and the fact that we are 7 handed I would expect villain to have a range like 55+,ATs+,KQs,AJo+77+ ,and even wider/tighter depending on each villain, I would also expect some villains to have a pretty wide resteal range because it seems like a decent spot for it.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Sun Dec 01, 2013, 09:39 AM
(#6)
Arty and ChewMe thanks a lot for your commnent and analyzis.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com