Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL Zoom, AKo deep stacked, good river shove?

Old
10NL Zoom, AKo deep stacked, good river shove? - Wed Nov 27, 2013, 09:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
V3: reg 26/20/3b 7,7 over a large sample
V6: looks like recreational player 21/8/f3B0%/Aggr% 13/fCB 20 sample ~150 hands

When V3 folded and V6 called, I was quite confident about my hand. When K hit on the river, I did think about checking, but decided to go for a large river bet as Villain may talk himself into calling with weaker ace what now has a K kicker for him and recreational players don't like to let go of big pots, but may not bet himself. Of course I didn't exclude 8x & 77, as villain don't like to fold. Is it too thin spot to go for a value?

Old
Wed Nov 27, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2013
I think this is a way ahead way behind situation where on the river, there is no need for you to bet and just play check/call or check/fold based on his bet size.

If he bets up to half pot -- I'll call
If he pushes on the river -- I'll fold

Oh, I'm not an expert in poker yet. Doing this to learn myself, so take my opinion with a lot of grain of salt. :-P

Old
Wed Nov 27, 2013, 10:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Well played. I'd bet a little bigger OTT so the river shove isn't such a big % of the pot but that's just nitpicking.

Old
Wed Nov 27, 2013, 02:41 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalahwang View Post
I think this is a way ahead way behind situation where on the river, there is no need for you to bet and just play check/call or check/fold based on his bet size.

If he bets up to half pot -- I'll call
If he pushes on the river -- I'll fold

Oh, I'm not an expert in poker yet. Doing this to learn myself, so take my opinion with a lot of grain of salt. :-P
How is it way ahead way behind situation? Do you range him 8x in a 3bet pot? AA 4bet PF , I don't think 77 would call OTF and KK didn't 4bet PF and called OTT . He will over play his AJ-AQ hand more often imo,
and he would have 88-A8 very rarely.

Old
Wed Nov 27, 2013, 08:23 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Hi,

I think that vs this kind of player you will stack a lot of the times worst A's that its ok to shove. My only advice would be, since we are a little more deep to 3bet bigger, I would probably make it 1.30.

Old
Wed Nov 27, 2013, 09:24 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
I agree with your plays on every street - I like the preflop bet size. I think Carlos' suggestion of 1.30 is too big - it makes it difficult for villain to call with worse.

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2013, 05:31 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi MintDeal!

I saw you on Zoom the other day

I like your 3b preflop. I respect CaRLoS_DZ87, but I too think the larger 3b tends to lose you value. You have a strong starting hand and want to get some action here. Betting overly big looks like it would get more folds than you want.

This flop won't have helped too many hands being paired and rainbow. The only hands I see calling your cbet are overpairs and Ax hands, all of which you are beating. Someone may have just flopped quads, but that isn't happening too often. The reg gets out of your way so now you are HU against the weaker player.

The 7 doesn't seem to have helped either of you, unless the villain picked up a flush draw with an Axs hand. I agree with birdayy, I would have made a larger bet on the turn for value, protection and to set up a better spr for the river, about 4.40 probably.

The best line for the river is rather player dependant. This villain looks like he will stack off with worse hands so shoving seems fine. Although I think we can make an argument for a smaller river bet or check calling as well. If we assume the villain had 99, 1010, JJ, QQ, KK and Ax hands in his range. With the K on the river there are now two overcards to most of his pairs. Is he going to stack off with 3rd best pair? Im not sure about this. On the other hand, all his Ax hands look like they just got there if he is mistakenly thinking it will be a split pot with AA88K. You are crushing the villain's range so for me it is a question of how large of a bet will the villain call.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2013, 07:40 AM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2013
Thanks to all for your responses.

Villain actually turned up with A8s and flopped boat. I agree that on the turn I should have bet more and maybe then villain would have min raised then to see where he is and let me off the hook as so passive players don't raise without the goods.

About the river sizing, I like to make large river bets with strong hands against the weak player as often they think that I'm just trying to push them out of the pot and are making all kind of crazy hero calls. Like on the second hand played yesterday, where I tried to represent a missed FD.

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2013, 08:30 AM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintDeal View Post
No money in poker. Everyone's solid.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com