Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

QQ Bubbleish ZOOM MTT

Old
QQ Bubbleish ZOOM MTT - Thu Nov 28, 2013, 11:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
BronzeStar
Approx 5 mins to ITM 40bb deep i played this pathetic right?
3 bet obv but lately QQ 3 bets gets me in trouble against AA KK so i always like call QQ.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...771_465ACD324E

>Follow me on Twitter<

Last edited by moreevmurph; Thu Nov 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM..

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2013, 11:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I doubt any reasonable play will get opener to fold pre, just call this one a cooler and move on.

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2013, 11:57 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi moreevmurph!

With QQ, I get a min-raise in front of me. I need to make a standard 3-bet here and the key is the sizing of it. I need to raise to between 3X the previous bet and a pot-sized raise if that number is larger. Due to this, I'll raise to 3290. I absolutely cannot just call this bet. Doing so gives the opp the right odds to be in the pot against me (along with inviting the opps behind me into the pot where they get a +EV play to call. If I give the opps a +EV play and they outdraw me... it' my own fault that I lose the hand.

The flop brings multiple draws and the opp makes an abnormally small bet of 1k (standard is a 1/2 pot bet against one opp). I absolutely need to raise here and will size the raise at a 1/2 pot raise (3145).

The opp now click-back raises. Here is where a read on the opp is absolutely necessary. If the opp is tight, they most likely have a set or overpair and I need to fold. If the opp is playing very loose, then I'm jamming on them.

The big key with this hand though is preflop... I gave the opp a +EV play, so I deserve to lose the hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com