Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Profiting 0.01-0.02$NL Zoom 6-Max cash game

Old
Profiting 0.01-0.02$NL Zoom 6-Max cash game - Thu Nov 28, 2013, 12:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
I've always dreamt of being a professional poker player. I've also discovered that i am better at cash games. So this month i devoted myself completely at 0.01/0.02$ 6-Max Zoom Poker. I played for 11 days, a total of 10,000+ hands and all i could achieve was BB/100 (as per pokertracker)-1.42 and profit of $9.2.
All i want to know is that how do people earn living through cash games?? and what should i do so that i can move up the limits. What is the winrate of guys like isildur and durrr. Every now and then i keep hearing the stories of people who deposited a few $ on sites and made millions playing poker. Are they that good or i am a very bad poker player. Do these guys have winrate of type100BB/100.
Are there any guys who are grinding these limit and making good profit??

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2013, 12:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hello d.flunk

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

You have many questions which im sure the members here will help you with, in the mean time

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club. Information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there!

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2013, 02:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi d.flunk,

I and many other memebrs here at PSO grind at 2NL 6-max Zoom and it definately can be profitable. I'm not 100% sure of what a "normal" winrate is or what kind of winrates the high stakes sickos have but I don't expect it to be too huge. Of course over a short sample you can have a huge winrate, just last week mine was about 45BBs/100 but overall it's not near that and sometimes you will have losing sessions/runs. I think the key to being profitable and beating these stakes (or any stakes for that matter) is just a few simple things: Bankroll Management, Study & Review and Volume.

Never play above your limits or move up too early. You should always be looking to improve your game and do some review to try and plug leaks and find spots where you can get more value. And if you want to play seriously you need to put the time in and play some decent volume to get a true idea of how you're playing and how much you're winning.

I hope you find all the learning material, articles, videos and live trainings helpful and I'm sure in no time you could be making a vast improvement to your game!

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2013, 06:41 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.flunk View Post
Do these guys have winrate of type100BB/100.
Are there any guys who are grinding these limit and making good profit??
No one wins a stack every 100 hands over a meaningful sample. On Stars cash games, winning at 5bb/100 over 100,000 hands is a solid winrate. (Very few players win much more than that at 50NL+, but you could possibly win at 20bb/100 at 2NL with some rungood).
Roughly a third of all players are making money. To become one of them, I'd recommend going to as many PSO Live training sessions you can as possible, so that you develop solid fundamental skills.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 29, 2013, 01:42 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Roughly a third of all players are making money.
Do you mean in general, or just in 2nl?

Old
Fri Nov 29, 2013, 06:24 PM
(#6)
In general. Roughly one third of players at every stake are making money, in both cash and tourneys.

This has been confirmed by various statisticians working with info from tracking sites. e.g. Sharkscopers blog.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 03, 2013, 09:49 AM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2012
Does Pokerstars software have a feature where we can track how many hands i play a day/session and my subsequent profit loss in terms of BB/100 hand?

Old
Tue Dec 03, 2013, 10:59 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lummy8 View Post
Does Pokerstars software have a feature where we can track how many hands i play a day/session and my subsequent profit loss in terms of BB/100 hand?
Hi lummy8!

There is not. That's where the tracking programs (pokertracker and holdem manager are the two most common) come into play. Those will track everything.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com