Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl zoom any way to play this better?

Old
2nl zoom any way to play this better? - Fri Nov 29, 2013, 02:10 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

CO 30/20 30 hands
UTG 36/7 17 hands
Should I lead the flop? If checking is good then should I call or raise if someone bets?
Should I check/call the river? I thought 2 pair might just call my bet but would not bet themselves.

Old
Fri Nov 29, 2013, 06:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Praydk,

Calling preflop is marginal because I need to have 20x the bet in effective stacks if I want to setmine OOP.
If we think the limper will also call then maybe its okay to call and try to squeeze some money from both players when we hit to make up for the difference.

I like how you played the hand; My plan when setmining is to continue when I hit and x/f when I miss. So here I will stick to my plan and just x/f to a bet especially when we have a SD on a flop that has FD also our hand will be vulnerable to overcards on later streets. Against some villains we can x/c river to let them bluff some missed draws but against a passive opponent betting is better because we can get called by worse hands that would rather check back when we check but will definitely call a bet.

Old
Fri Nov 29, 2013, 10:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2013
if he is a reg. I would check/call the river since the flush draw completes.

But considering he limped preflop shows that he is a passive player. Better to bet on the river but you need to call a reraise since you are already pot committed.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com