Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

0.55 750 Gtd regular tourney playing playing pocket As BB

Old
0.55 750 Gtd regular tourney playing playing pocket As BB - Sat Nov 30, 2013, 06:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
villain6 has stats: 50/11 30 hands

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=54C7B74B67

he had only a pair of jacks.
how was this fold against the loose player?

Old
Sat Nov 30, 2013, 10:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2013
for me i think if you have called bets on flop and turn you must call a bet on the river as the 7 doesnt really improve any hands on that board.

i think most of the time it is jx rather than the flush here. i dont see it being a straight as most people wouldnt bet OE draw on a flushing board. i also dont see it being a triple barrel bluff many times apart from maybe Adx.

on the whole your choices are to give up on the turn when the 2nd barrel is fired or see it out to the end. I think the call on the river isn't the worst as you would have still been left with 3700 chips which is plenty playable at 25/50 blinds

Late in a tournament this is a clear fold on the turn for me but early on there are so many bad players that I would probably find myself check calling all the way. as for the stats 30 hands is a very small sample what it does tell us is that villain6 has played 15 pots but with micro blinds and a large stack how many of those 15 were raised pots and how many were just cheap limps with random connectors suited cards trying to hit a monster and stack a bad player that cant put down a pair.

hopefully my view helped I know i have not really answered your question exactly but offered more of an overall view of the hand

Old
Sat Nov 30, 2013, 04:43 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sapines1001!

With AA in the BB, I get two limpers in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, to 250. I don't want to raise to less than this or I can be giving the opps the right odds to try to outdraw me.. something that I want to avoid.

I get a 3-way flop with three diamonds and I absolutely need to make a value bet here. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 2 opps, I need to bet 2/3 pot, but with a very wet flop, I need to up this to 3/4 pot, so I will bet 469. I cannot check and give someone the potential to get another diamond if they hold one.
When the opp makes a small bet, I have to make a decision here. I either need to make a 3/4 pot raise or fold and with a small bet that looks like they are trying to price in a draw to a single diamond, I'm raising.

The turn is a blank and once again, I need to make a value bet (with only 1 opp now, I need to size it at 2/3 pot.

The river should be a blank and if the opp calls two bets that price out a draw, then I'll check and hope to get to showdown, as my hand does have showdown value. If the opp makes a small bet, I'll call. If they make a large bet, I'll need to fold.

The keys with this hand are to make a standard bet preflop, then to make value bets on the flop/turn and not to check.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com