Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

0.55 750 Gtd regular tourney playing pocket 77

Old
0.55 750 Gtd regular tourney playing pocket 77 - Sat Nov 30, 2013, 07:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
i had no reads on the players.
i thought they have big stack and i cant beat them with pocket 7s so decided to just limp. is it ok?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=7FC6775D59

Old
Sat Nov 30, 2013, 10:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2013
yes i think a limp here is the correct way to play in hopes on hitting a set and trying to play for stacks. however if there wasnt a limper before you i think you have to raise from CO 2.5x would be perfectly fine at 75/150 blinds

Old
Sat Nov 30, 2013, 03:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I agree pretty much with yeahboiiii. However I always like to be the aggressor when I can so I would probably just go for the steal regardless despite the limper.

It means that we don't have to set mine in order to win the hand - a CBet could also do the job.

Old
Sat Nov 30, 2013, 04:27 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sapines1001!

With 77 from the cutoff, I get a limp in front of me. Because the stacks are deep enough to setmine, I've got options here as I can either limp behind to setmine or I can make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper to 600. While I will limp here the majority of the time, I'll also raise 77 here a portion of the time, so that I'm not predictable and the opp can then get a read on me. If I limp small/mid pairs everytime, then the opp will be able to get a read when I hit a set (something that I want to avoid).

When I limp to setmine, get three overs on the flop and the opp leads into me, it's an easy fold as the times where I do limp, I'll be looking to play fit/fold on the flop. The exception to this is that if I get a favorable board (hard to do with 77 that doesn't include a 7), then I'd make a standard c-bet if it checked to me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com