Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

****Remember My Name****

Old
Cool
****Remember My Name**** - Sat Nov 30, 2013, 11:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
BronzeStar
HI,

My name is Bogdan and i'm 24 years old. This is my first blog. I'v been lurking for a while through this forum and i decided that is time to open one for tracking my results and to be more disciplined. I won't say much about me at this time.

Short term objectives

December PokerSchool Open Skill League top 10
Building a roll from Freerolls (already made from 0.25$ to 50$ to end wasting them at NL50 HU =)))
To beat NL 2 NL 5 Nl 10 NL 25 and NL50 in 2 months

Long Term objectives

To be a winner player at NL100$
Doing gim every day for a year starting from 1 december
Studying cash game more!!!
Never cashout

WISH ME LUCK

Last edited by SasoriHayate; Sat Nov 30, 2013 at 04:15 PM..

Old
Sat Nov 30, 2013, 12:07 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Today i'll be playing the VIP 5000$ Weekly for [ChromeStar+]

Old
Sat Nov 30, 2013, 12:17 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Good luck with your challange,

I have a question? Your last long term objective says you will never cash out?

Why is that, if the idea is to get to high stakes and win lots do you not wish to spend some?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 30, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Good luck with your challange,

I have a question? Your last long term objective says you will never cash out?

Why is that, if the idea is to get to high stakes and win lots do you not wish to spend some?

Grade b
Thanks Grade B and obviously the cash out rule doesn't apply to the big moneyzzz let's say that i won't cash out untill 4k, and even then i won't cash out all my money just small amounts to sustain myself. But let's not talk about big numbers yet, i'll see where i am after december.

Old
Sat Nov 30, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2012
Good luck and nice name

Old
Sat Nov 30, 2013, 04:01 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
To build your bankroll from 0 to around $2000 in two months? (Assuming beating 50NL means you start playing 100NL with 20 stacks)

That's an incredibly ambitious and likely unrealistic goal - while there might be a lot of fish at 2NL, they start thinning about by 10NL and certainly 25NL although some do still exist at those levels of course.

I would focus on beating one level at a time and more importantly, developing your skills as a poker player. Don't be too obsessed by time-oriented goals, particularly when you are just starting.

Old
Sat Nov 30, 2013, 05:13 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeraxa89 View Post
Good luck and nice name
Thanks mate, i'm glad to see more naruto fans around here ^_^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
To build your bankroll from 0 to around $2000 in two months? (Assuming beating 50NL means you start playing 100NL with 20 stacks)

That's an incredibly ambitious and likely unrealistic goal - while there might be a lot of fish at 2NL, they start thinning about by 10NL and certainly 25NL although some do still exist at those levels of course.

I would focus on beating one level at a time and more importantly, developing your skills as a poker player. Don't be too obsessed by time-oriented goals, particularly when you are just starting.
Not so incredibly, ofcourse with my poker skill levels will be hard to do 2k in 2 months but not impossible because all depends on december PSO leaderboard. I'm really confident in my skills on the league. We shall see what gods have prepared for me. And even if i take a bad place let's say top 20 and i win only 50$ is not so impossible to make 2k even at NL 2. Check this graph at NL2 hands played in 30 days

Old
Sun Dec 01, 2013, 05:08 AM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi,

Good luck with the challenge. I like the 2nl graph. How have you achieved this in 30 days. Do you play zoom and multitable? If so, how many tables do you play at once.

Cheers,

Pullin

Old
Sun Dec 01, 2013, 07:37 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Hi Pullin, and thanks!
About the graph....well that's not mine, but my rooms mate graph. I put the graph to show that you can make some moneyz at NL2. He is a NL100-200 reg, that was mostly a personal challenge.

Old
Sun Dec 01, 2013, 08:10 AM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SasoriHayate View Post
Thanks mate, i'm glad to see more naruto fans around here ^_^.

Not so incredibly, ofcourse with my poker skill levels will be hard to do 2k in 2 months but not impossible because all depends on december PSO leaderboard. I'm really confident in my skills on the league. We shall see what gods have prepared for me. And even if i take a bad place let's say top 20 and i win only 50$ is not so impossible to make 2k even at NL 2. Check this graph at NL2 hands played in 30 days

Naruto ftw!

And WOW thats as perfect as a graph can get, your room mate is incredibly skilled to do this.

Old
Sun Dec 01, 2013, 08:35 AM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2011
It looks like you've a good mentor but I also think your goals are a bit ambitious. You may have the skill-set but you have no control over the cards. The Open Skill League is a minefield of bad players and avoiding bad beats is a skill in itself.

Stars is a pretty poor site to build from freerolls - the numbers are just too large and the prizes just too low. If you want a quicker way to get rolled, deposit $25 and play the Privilege Freerolls. They are a very poor standard but I and Ed proved you can build a roll from them. I won $1.80 from them and brought that to Limit Cash where I spun it to $10 before getting fed up. At the end of the month, withdraw your $25 and do it all over again if you need to.

I think you should re-evaluate your goals to something more realistic. Something like this?

Short term goals

Play 100 Open Skill League games
Bring any cash won above 60c to NL Cash Tables
Table select carefully, only play games with high pots and low regs
Evaluate my play in all games
Watch at least 3 training videos per week.
Review at end of month and post tricky spot on forum for advice.

Long term goals

Build enough of a cash to be a reg at 2NL.
Build 20 buy ins and take a shot at 5NL.
Identify the Regs in the 2NL & 5NL lobby and pick apart their game
Review at end of every month and evaluate my play.
Play the Premier League

Grade B's point is a valid one. If you never cash out then you're missing the point of poker. Treat yourself from time to time and you will enjoy the game far more. My last large withdrawal got my wife a new settee and me a custom built Poker PC. I've also paid for things like Holdem manager and Notecaddy that have helped my game. If you get to $100, take $10 out and buy yourself something you can look at. Set it in front of you and tell yourself from time to time you earned that.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com