Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Nov 30, 2013, 09:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
BronzeStar
I'm a starter here in PSO and I'd like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Sun Dec 01, 2013, 06:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineroooow View Post
I'm a starter here in PSO and I'd like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 01, 2013, 06:24 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
First Step Done - Sun Dec 01, 2013, 09:10 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Good night,
I've passed the Poker Basic course, I've watched the tutorial video and I've recorded a hand from a play money 9 players table, as shown below:

My doubts for this hand are:
- Did I do well by entering in the pot at BB?
- Was I too agressive or too passive?
- Were the size of my bets ok? (1/2 pot and then 1/2 pot again)

Thanks for the opportunity

Last edited by Mineroooow; Sun Dec 01, 2013 at 09:15 PM..

Old
Tue Dec 03, 2013, 04:35 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 03, 2013, 12:45 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Mineroooow!

With KJo in the BB, I get 5 limpers in front of me. I'm going to check here and see a free flop. If I raised, I would need to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper (16) and my hand is not strong enough to do so with. Hands like this are ones that I want to avoid raising with because it's too easily for an opp behind me to have me dominated (AJ, KQ, etc).

I see a 6-way flop and hit top pair. When it checks to me, I'm going to make a value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture (will be between 1/2 pot and a pot-sized bet). With 4 or more opps in the pot, I need to make a pot-sized bet, so I will bet 48. I don't want to bet less than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I give them the right odds and they do outdraw me, it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

The turn is an overcard that brings even more draws. If I bet, with 4 opps still in, I'd need to make another pot-sized bet. Since I could easily be beat here, instead of a pot bet, I'm going to check behind here for pot control. It looks like these opps will call anything, so I don't want to bet unless I know I'm ahead. There is also another problem with betting here. If I bet, it will be over 1/3 of my remaining stack, which means that I'm pot-committed and can't fold.. so I'd need to shove and I don't want to shove if I can easily not be the best hand.

When the opp raises on the turn, I need to fold to this bet. It's most likely from a Q or a straight and I'm behind both of them. Even if I hit a K on the river, my two pair could easily lose to a straight.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 03, 2013, 06:54 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 05:37 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Hello, guys

Well, as requested, I've only played at 1¢/2¢ tables with my first buy-in. I've recorded a hand from my plays. I've passed the cash game quiz test.

For your question, the reasons a player should want to make a big bet are:
1) To put pressure huge pressure against opponents
2) To protect the hand against a wet board
3) To gain value with monsters or made hands and build up a huge pot.

Below is the hand I've recorded. I don't know if it's interesting, but I'd like to know if I did right about it.

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2013, 06:46 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 07, 2013, 08:02 AM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Mineroooow,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this post

With AJo in the SB, I think there are two options for our hand depending on our opponent. Either 3bet for value, if the opponent continues with a wide range of worse Ax, Jx hands and does not 4bet alot. Or just call and keep their range wide if they don't open the button too wide and only continue with a tight range vs a 3bet.

OTF however, I would always look to check-call this flop. We want to check and let them bluff with the part of their range that does not hit this flop. By betting we basically take that away from them and they will fold hands that would otherwise bluff with.

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 08:11 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Hello Guys

Well, I messed up with my bankroll.
First I entered a heads-up SNG, 1,5$ buy-in and got kicked
And then I sat at a 1¢/2¢ 6-Max table with 90¢. I did fairly well and doubled up. After, I called some blinds, but folded when raised. And then, came the hand below.

The guy raising was a big bluffer, however this time he wasn't.

I know I shouldn't have called the post-flop bet, but I did and paid the price.

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2013, 10:49 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2013, 08:36 AM
(#14)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on this stack depth we can certainly consider entering the pot for a raise 3x the big blind, but generally this hand can be folded from in this position pre-flop...because there are several combos of Kx that have us out kicked AK KQ KJ and let's factor in pocket pairs AA KK QQ JJ TT 99 and with several villains left to act behind us....it increases the liklihood of the above mentioned hands being dealt. If we did enter the pot for a raise (which should be the standard every time we deem our hand playable) and the action gets re-opened behind us, just pitch this hand into the muck (fold).

Post flop, I'd prefer checking to the pre-flop raiser for pot control with the intenetions of calling their contiuation bet...what worse hands can we get value from by leading into them? Yes, a common anser would be a flush draw...but those two card combos account for such a small portion of just about every players range and I do not think worse Kx than KT are isolating our limp. As for the turn, play given the amount we invested it's really hit and miss in this spot as we do not beat most of their value/protection range besides maybe an under pair QQ JJ TT 99 with a stray diamond...AK KQ KJ AQ JA AA KK 77 are plausible holdings that the villain may have, we are not pot commited at all.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 05:50 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant,

Your Bankroll Builder progress is moving along nicely and you will receive your 3rd bonus later today!

Step Three

Now we really want you to up your game! Your challenge is to earn 10 VPPs after getting today's buy-in.

Note that any VPPs that you have earned up to this point won't count, only those earned AFTER you get your 3rd buy-in.

When you hit your target of 10 VPPs we will award you with your final Bankroll Builder bonus. Let us know when you reach the target.

Also, if you make a deposit at this stage we will also award you with your final bonus.

Best of Luck at the tables and let us know as soon as you have earned the 10 VPPs or if you make a deposit.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 01:27 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Well, I made a deposit, but I hadn't time to get here. I was thinking about asking you to only make my deposit AFTER I earned 10 VPPs.

I'll try my best to earn them up to Monday, December missions are here

Thanks for all your support

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 08:25 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Congratulations!

As you've made a deposit we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 20, 2013, 07:59 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Good Night, guys

I'm very happy to tell you all: I entered a 2,20$ NLHE Sat for this Sunday's WCOOP Event 07.
And after struggling and managing beats and downswings, I took the ticket to the WCOOP Event in first place (:

Thank you all for the guidance, I'm learning so much with this School.

And soon I'll reach Chrome Star VIP Level, just 34 VPP's left

Thanks again

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 06:50 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
You're welcome and it's great to hear that your enjoying poker

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com