Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[JK] Bankroll Builder

Old
[JK] Bankroll Builder - Sun Dec 01, 2013, 10:10 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Sun Dec 01, 2013, 10:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 01, 2013, 06:17 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello Mr.Peacock12,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 01, 2013, 10:16 PM
(#4)
Hello,

I've watched the video and passed the basic course. Here's a hand that I played at the play money tables. I didn't liked this hand.. I had to fold it pre flop.. didn't I ?

Old
Mon Dec 02, 2013, 12:00 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Mr.Peacock12!

With T9o from the BB, I get 5 limpers. In this situation, I'm going to do something that I won't do very often and that's limp behind from the SB and see if I can see the flop. If the BB makes a raise, I'll most likely have to fold.

I hit middle pair and I'm going to check and hope to see a free turn card. Unfortunately, I get a pot-sized bet (which is a standard bet for a pot with 4 or more opps) and two calls. Second pair is most likely going to be behind, so I need to fold to this bet. I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I'm ahead, not when I'm behind.

Patience is a very large key when playing poker and I need to be able to fold marginal hands when I don't get the correct odds to continue in the hand.
For example, on the flop, I'd have to call a 70 chip bet into a pot that will be 350 (20%). I have 5 outs (two nines and three tens), so from the rule of 4 and 2, my hand is worth 10%. Since my pot equity is higher than what my hand's worth, I need to fold.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 02, 2013, 12:01 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2013, 05:29 AM
(#7)
I have watched the video and passed the course. Here are the three reasons I'd want to make a big bet. To get value from my made hands. To put pressure on an opponent and to bluff.

Here is a hand from the 2NL.. And did i something wrong?

Last edited by Mr.Peacock12; Thu Dec 05, 2013 at 05:11 AM..

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 06:27 AM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Analysis

On a stack depth of just about 35bb we have some post flop maneuverability, but keeping in mind in a single raised pot over one limper for the standard amount we'll have just over a pot sized bet remaining on the turn. I would have elected to continuation bet about 12c on the flop, this is a dry board texture and there are many hands that can call us, such as high card combos of Ax, Kx Qx or gun shy pocket pairs 55 44 88 99 etc.. As played you did well in this hand. It's just going to be so hard to get value from a limper...reason being a limping range is usually perceived as a weak range of holdings, we could have maybe checked the flop so the villain can turn some equity to a weak 4 flush or let them improve to a pair.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 10:42 AM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Mr.Peacock12!

Please let me know when you have passed the cash quiz.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 12:17 PM
(#10)
But i passed it already ;/

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 01:02 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello Mr.Peacock12,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 01:26 PM
(#12)
Just want to ask .

How should i think like you , in so short time about everything?

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 01:41 PM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Peacock12 View Post
Just want to ask .

How should i think like you , in so short time about everything?
It takes time to learn everything. It won't happen overnight. I've been playing NLHE for about 13 years now and still have tons to learn. Just keep working at your game and learning things bit by bit and you'll get to be a better player.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 08:00 PM
(#14)
Well I was close to reach 10VPP but.. I lost.. I have earned 9.46 VPP

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 03:34 AM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Mr.peakock12!

Raising QQ preflop is perfect.However, I like to make it 3bb plus 1bb for each limper. So, 10c here rather than 8c. Either way, limp calling is more consistant with a pocket pair than with a big Kx hand. Your line better reps a K. I would c-bet this flop as you did, but since it is quite dry, I would bet 50% of the pot. Your cbet was a bit heavy.

Once your cbet gets called you need to be careful. You have a great starting hand, but now you only have "just a pair". Moreover, you don't have top pair. This is not a spot where you can hope to get three streets of value. I would go for one street. Bet the flop as you did. Check the turn and see what the villain does. If he checks the turn we might be able to make a small bet on the river, or call a small bet ourself.

The goal after the flop is to get to the showdown cheaply. You do have showdown value but your hand is not strong enough to want to risk your whole stack.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 05:00 AM
(#16)
But after c-bet.. I wasn't pot commited?

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 02:13 PM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi again, In cash games we are rarely pot commited. If it looks like you are beat, then there is no point putting more money in the pot regardless how little you have behind. Tournaments differ in this respect.

However, here the pot is quite large compared to your stack. (Betting smaller on pf and on the flop would have helped you in this respect.) You have just enough for one final bet. If you thought you had some fold equity, then yes moving all in on the turn would be a playable line. Yet after the action thus far in the hand, it is too likely that the villain has a set or Kx hand. I would check-fold the turn. If he checks behind then you can be more confident of betting the river.

Even though you have a great starting hand, when overcards come we need to be careful.

I hope this helps

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 03:56 PM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello Mr.Peacock12,

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 4th bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 06:29 PM
(#19)
YES ! I reached the goal . I have earned 10vpp after last bonus recieve. Now i have 20 VPP and i win some cash now i have more than 6$ ;D i think should i buy a car already?

Old
Thu Dec 19, 2013, 09:14 AM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com