Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl FR Zoom

Old
2nl FR Zoom - Tue Dec 03, 2013, 04:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

I looking for two analyses on this one.

One from the Hero's point of view, and villains.

This was my very first encounter with villain, so I haven't seen him play any hands.

Villain was probably putting me on a premiums like AK+, KK+.
Now I am trying to think why what he did could be bad or good. I am trying not to results orientated. Any help would be much appreciated.

I called his raise on the flop even though I thought he may have made a set with pocket Ks,

Although, if I treated villain as the average nit on 2nl zoom with no reads, then I would have thought his range is AK+, KK+ possibly QQ to widen the range a little more.

I felt I will still be ahead against that range, even when the flop comes up with a K, but when I get raised, then his range I guess changes to a made set.

Do you guys think I should have bet smaller on the flop, and then folded to raise?

Then again at 2nl, although I can't say for sure, you many get many villains stacking off with AK on the flop because the pot has got so big; therefore in situations like this, it might be profitable in the long run to call this raise.

Cheers,

Pullin

Last edited by pullin1988; Tue Dec 03, 2013 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: further thoughts

Old
Tue Dec 03, 2013, 09:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Your 4b sizing is ok given villain made a retarded 3b.

Flop is kinda meh. I'd size your cbet a little smaller but i don't think i'm ever folding this flop.

Old
Tue Dec 03, 2013, 09:21 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Pre-flop is standard. Post-flop, half pot is more standard, due to the low SPR. (Villain has 2 PSBs in his stack, so you can commit to getting all in on the turn).
I can't fold an overpair with the SPR being so low. Villain is jamming AK and KK (plus JJ if he 3-bet/calls with that pre-flop), because he's similarly pot-committed. You're losing to 3 combos of top set (but still have 10% suckout value, hehe) and you beat 6 combos of AK. Against a range of AK/KK, you have 62% equity, so you have to call. If villain has JJ in his range, you're flipping, and pot odds mean you only need to win 19% of the time.

In general terms, just don't fold big overpairs in 3-bet pots, let alone 4-bet pots, if effective stack is 100bb at the start.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 03, 2013, 11:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi pullin,

Don't over think this spot imo... villain is not quite full stacked and it's a 4b pot, so the SPR is less than 2. You should have a plan for your hand when you 4-bet him, my plan would look like this:

-get it in pre to a 5b
-if called, get it in post flop

Since the board is fairly wet, I like your c-bet although agree it could be a bit smaller, and am not folding to a shove ever here, I think it would be a pretty large mistake personally to fold now in this big a pot. We are losing to KK/JJ and are beating AK/QQ/AdQd

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com