Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Wed Dec 04, 2013, 05:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2013, 05:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by devolk93 View Post
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2013, 05:23 AM
(#3)
thank you too. w8ing for your answer

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 07:20 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2013, 11:52 AM
(#5)
hey, i watched videos and posted hand..

I passed basic course.
What will be next?

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2013, 03:50 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2013, 04:12 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi devolk93!

The first thing that I see here is even before the hand starts. When sitting at a ring table, I always wait for the BB to start playing. Paying extra blinds over and over to start playing immediately is a huge drain to a player's bankroll.

With JT, I have 3 limps in front of me (posting the blind counts as a limp). I'd like to muck here and wait for a better spot when I can be in position, but since the blind was posted, I'll check and hope to see a free flop. My hand is not strong enough to make a standard raise (3BB+1BB for each limper), so I do not want to raise.

I flop second pair on a VERY coordinated board (many straight draws, diamond draw and possible diamond flush) that also contains an A. I need to check and fold to any sizable bet. Many players will play any ace and if any of them has one, I'm way behind in the hand. I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I'm ahead, not when I'm likely behind. Yes, any hand can get lucky, but if I'm not in a +EV spot (one where I expect to gain chips), I will lose chips on average everytime I bet here. I need to be patient and wait for a better spot.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 07, 2013, 03:50 AM
(#8)
thank you for analys. i wiil try to do next time that think: "I always wait for the BB to start playing".
I made raise, cuz i forgot about position... i thought i am BU. But when i understand, where am i, it was late... and i try to play like a fish on the flop. I know it's a bad game, but i can make more hands, if it needs.

Old
Sat Dec 07, 2013, 07:22 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 07, 2013, 08:22 AM
(#10)
3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet:
a) To put a lot of pressure on opponents
b) To bluff people off decent hands
c) To gain value of very strong hands

I passed cash game quiz.

Old
Sat Dec 07, 2013, 08:28 AM
(#11)

here is limp pot and i have freeplay on BB. I must play check-call all streets with my fleshdro?
On the river i got gutshot + FD. Maybe i need to make reise in blef?

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 08:10 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.

You need to post a real money hand

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 10:23 AM
(#13)

Can i make 3bet in blef with A7o vs opponent vpip 60 pfr 20 steal 100%? After thise hand i took AJs.

I think, that opponent was in tilt. Can i call his push?

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2013, 05:35 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2013, 01:02 PM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

Can i make 3bet in blef with A7o vs opponent vpip 60 pfr 20 steal 100%? After thise hand i took AJs.

I think, that opponent was in tilt. Can i call his push?
Hi devolk93!

Interesting hands!

With A7s, I prefer to just call preflop. It is not really strong enough to 3b with for value and can create difficult postflop spots where your opponent has an A with a better kicker. Against a very loose opponent I might consider 3b with A2s-A5s and A10s-AKs, but not the middle kickers 6-9. These are in no man's land since they cant make straights and are too weak on there own. Also, at 2NL I typically only 3b for value since it is highly profitable.

As played, I suggest making a standard 3b of 3x the original raise. So, 18 rather than 22 here. Following through with a c-bet on the flop looks good.

Second hand AJo: Good fold. As a good general rule, don't call all in raises preflop unless you have KK or AA. Even if you are very confident that you are ahead preflop you do not have a made hand yet. This means you are only a 60/40 favorite against two random cards. The risk is just not worth the reward especially at 2nl. One of the main weaknesses of players here is that they call too much. Therefore, our best strategy is save getting all in until you have a strong made hand such as a set or better post flop. You will get paid more times than not. This avoids unnecessary gambles preflop

GL and have fun at the tables!
Roland GTX

Old
Mon Dec 09, 2013, 02:56 PM
(#16)
A7s. I heard, that in position we 3bet like 3x raise, but if we out of position, we 3bet 4x. That why i make 22. Or every time 3x it's better?
3bet only for value - rule!)
AJo. Yes, that why i folded...
Thank you very much.

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2013, 10:41 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I passed cash game quiz.
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 23, 2014, 09:10 AM
(#18)
I made my 1-st deposit. Will i take the rest of bonus Bankroll Builder?

Old
Fri May 23, 2014, 03:26 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I made my 1-st deposit. Will i take the rest of bonus Bankroll Builder?
Hello,

I'll try to find out for you. Please check back this time tomorrow.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 23, 2014, 04:08 PM
(#20)
"Hello devolk93,

You have earned an installment at the Bankroll Builder promotion. The funds were credited to your account moments ago.

Good luck at the tables,

The PokerSchoolOnline team"

Thank you, very much!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com