Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[JK] Bankroll builder

Old
[JK] Bankroll builder - Wed Dec 04, 2013, 12:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
BronzeStar
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2013, 03:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2013, 07:45 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello jR7mNk,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Its ok how i play this hand? - Thu Dec 05, 2013, 06:18 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 06:19 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
step1-complete
step2-complete
step3-complete
so now i wait for mi first bonus no?

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi jR7mNk!

With 44 on the button and a limper in front, I've got options here. I can either make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper (40) or since the stacks are deep enough to setmine, I can also call and try to flop a set. I can do either of these here and will do both about half of the time I'm in this situation.

The flop is three overcards and the SB leads for 50 chips that is called by the other opp. For me to call, I need to put 50 chips into a pot that will be 280 (17.9%). Since one of the opps most likely has a pair, I have two outs (the other two fours). From the rule of 4 and 2, each out is worth 2% to the turn, which means that my two outs are worth 4%. Since my pot equity (17.9%) is higher than my hand equity (4%), I need to fold. I only want to call when my hand is worth more.
Everytime that I call when my hand is worth less, I expect to LOSE chips by calling. I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I'm ahead (expect to gain chips) and not when I'm behind (expect to lose chips).

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 11:39 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
i wanna know if i play good the hand - Thu Dec 05, 2013, 12:44 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 12:54 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
players want to make a big big :
to bluff people off decent hands
to protect against strong draws
to put a lot off presure on oponents

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2013, 05:08 AM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi jR7mNk,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this post

When we face a 3bet from the CO his hand looks pretty strong to me because he is raising an open from UTG which got called in UTG+1. His sizing also tells me that his 3bet is going to be a value 3bet. Given there are no bluffs in his range, I would just fold to their raise. Against hands like JJ+, AK, AQs we only have 35% equity and with not so much money left behind we cannot call to set mine.

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2013, 02:21 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi jR7mNk!

Please let me know when you have passed the quiz.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 02:01 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
i pass the CashQuiz test , i'm wait for the next bonus !
Thank You!

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 08:02 AM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Unfortunately your eligibility for Bankroll Builder is under review.

If you have any questions about this please send a private message to PSO Admin.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com