Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

I am a 5 star ace?

Old
Default
I am a 5 star ace? - Wed Dec 04, 2013, 03:42 PM
(#1)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Hello a bit confused, pokerpro labs as me ranked at sngs as a 5 star ace........
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 04, 2013, 03:45 PM
(#2)
Grade b's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,607
Are you making money at them? other than that I would worry too much.

Grade b


I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 04, 2013, 03:51 PM
(#3)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Are you making money at them? other than that I would worry too much.

Grade b

good point B, it is a nice confidence boost tho and is making me consider getting a bit more serious.

Hows the nine mans sngs going?
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 04, 2013, 04:04 PM
(#4)
Grade b's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,607
Nicely so far, Played around 20 and in the black, ran KK into AA twice within that set of 20 but what can you do!!

Finding the 5/4 man bubble to be very interesting with a large number of players not really understanding gap theory.

As i play more I have gotten used to the idea that I don't worry how I did after one game but did I make good decisions during that game.

ie played a turbo game yesterday (only had an hour) and I shoved KJs on the bubble which given the table was a horrible decision for me was called by the Loose passive player with 77 and out in 4th. The other games I feel I played well and made correct decisions lots of stealing on the bubble (once players had shown they were reluctant to call and when I had the bigger stack)

By the way do you know what they base those ratings on? ie what is it you are doing well to get the rating. worth knowing.


I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 04, 2013, 04:20 PM
(#5)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Google "Humble Brag" and look up definition #2 at Urban Dictionary.

Just sayin'.
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 04, 2013, 04:32 PM
(#6)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post

By the way do you know what they base those ratings on? ie what is it you are doing well to get the rating. worth knowing.
Combination of things,mostly being profitable from what I can discern.

BUT...(big but needed here...),much like the "ladder rankings" at OPR,there "cards and stars" rankings at this site are more than a little bit misleading.


It doesn't account,in the overall ranking,for buy-in amount,though this IS addressed if one breaks down their rankings in each game format (.25 45 mans;.10 360's;.50 90 man's;$2.20 MTT's and so on and so forth).

So you can have a situation where a player who is pumping out an overall,say +15% ROI at .10 and .25 buy-in levels be rated as 5* ACE and a player who is break even,maybe even a skosh below,at say $50/$60 levels be rated a 2* ACE,or something like that.

No while it's POSSIBLE that the nanostakes player could be as solid as the break even higher stakes player I personally wouldn't put a lot of faith in that.

Focus on what's tangible...ROI (most importantly),ITM %,position of outs (early,mid,late...),NOT on some arbitrary "ratings" system.
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 04, 2013, 08:34 PM
(#7)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Nicely so far, Played around 20 and in the black, ran KK into AA twice within that set of 20 but what can you do!!

Finding the 5/4 man bubble to be very interesting with a large number of players not really understanding gap theory.

As i play more I have gotten used to the idea that I don't worry how I did after one game but did I make good decisions during that game.

ie played a turbo game yesterday (only had an hour) and I shoved KJs on the bubble which given the table was a horrible decision for me was called by the Loose passive player with 77 and out in 4th. The other games I feel I played well and made correct decisions lots of stealing on the bubble (once players had shown they were reluctant to call and when I had the bigger stack)

By the way do you know what they base those ratings on? ie what is it you are doing well to get the rating. worth knowing.
I have no idea what I am doing to get the rank, certainly as Moxie says, nothing ROI based for sure.

I think it is based on buyin level and ITM, although the cards run the same at the higher buyins, but play is better I presume.

My overall micro ranking is pretty good, so I suppose a 5 star ace does apply to my buyin level.

It works out individual rankings for different MTTs,sngs etc now, so is good and usefull to summarise your own game, need to join to do this. It works out individual itm format for each game you play, i.e the big $2.20 I have good rating of something like 3/8 itms

Last edited by holdemace486; Wed Dec 04, 2013 at 08:36 PM..
 
Old
Default
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 06:08 AM
(#8)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
Hi all, long time no see, or chat should I say.
After noticing I have ok stats in 2 game formats as well, I have stopped playing on cash tables. I sort of feel like an idiot after seeing a pretty solid start in SNG stats, I am 2k in the black over the past 3 months on another site playing 10NL, but have had serious tilt issues playing speed poker because the swings make you feel like puking. I have a tiny sample size compared to my bro, but for someone that closed there stars account for 180 days I don't think my stats are to bad, and once again I feel like an idiot for closing my stars account for so long.......What do you guys think of my short stats list?

r / p/ buy in /ITM/ W/L
$0.50 NL Hold'em [45 Players, Turbo] A/ 10/ $0.50 /30 /3/7
$1.50 NL Hold'em [27 Players] A/ 47/ $1.50 /40 /19/28
$3.50 NL Hold'em [27 Players] NA/ 1/ $3.50 /100 / 1/0
$0.25 NL Hold'em [45 Players] NA/ 3/ $0.25 /33 / 1/2
$0.02 NL Hold'em [990 Players, NA / 1/ $0.02 /100 /1/0

I know I need to up my volume, as from today I am thinking of playing in like 8/12 games at the same time, any thoughts or advise on this? I tend to finish late a lot and I am worried about ending up HU in too many situations when it needs my full attention.

btw...I am still trying to convert my bro to using a HUD, but he's still not having it, I think its a great tool to keep yourself in check, as I think your own table image counts more than anything.

Cheers and GL at the tables. PP72

Last edited by PokerPest72; Thu Dec 05, 2013 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: messy stats
 
Old
Default
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#9)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post
Hi all, long time no see, or chat should I say.
After noticing I have ok stats in 2 game formats as well, I have stopped playing on cash tables. I sort of feel like an idiot after seeing a pretty solid start in SNG stats, I am 2k in the black over the past 3 months on another site playing 10NL, but have had serious tilt issues playing speed poker because the swings make you feel like puking. I have a tiny sample size compared to my bro, but for someone that closed there stars account for 180 days I don't think my stats are to bad, and once again I feel like an idiot for closing my stars account for so long.......What do you guys think of my short stats list?

r / p/ buy in /ITM/ W/L
$0.50 NL Hold'em [45 Players, Turbo] A/ 10/ $0.50 /30 /3/7
$1.50 NL Hold'em [27 Players] A/ 47/ $1.50 /40 /19/28
$3.50 NL Hold'em [27 Players] NA/ 1/ $3.50 /100 / 1/0
$0.25 NL Hold'em [45 Players] NA/ 3/ $0.25 /33 / 1/2
$0.02 NL Hold'em [990 Players, NA / 1/ $0.02 /100 /1/0

I know I need to up my volume, as from today I am thinking of playing in like 8/12 games at the same time, any thoughts or advise on this? I tend to finish late a lot and I am worried about ending up HU in too many situations when it needs my full attention.

btw...I am still trying to convert my bro to using a HUD, but he's still not having it, I think its a great tool to keep yourself in check, as I think your own table image counts more than anything.

Cheers and GL at the tables. PP72
LOL, never a HUD for me, never multitable, I keep it real lol....
Glad you come back BRo, keep on here and stop site jumping, none of the other sites have any value, not meaning monitary value either.<the other sites are rubbish>, luring us away with their roulette and fruit machines, stars is just poker.
Gl bro lets not tilt together ahahah.
 
Old
Default
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#10)
Grade b's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post
Hi all, long time no see, or chat should I say.
After noticing I have ok stats in 2 game formats as well, I have stopped playing on cash tables. I sort of feel like an idiot after seeing a pretty solid start in SNG stats, I am 2k in the black over the past 3 months on another site playing 10NL, but have had serious tilt issues playing speed poker because the swings make you feel like puking. I have a tiny sample size compared to my bro, but for someone that closed there stars account for 180 days I don't think my stats are to bad, and once again I feel like an idiot for closing my stars account for so long.......What do you guys think of my short stats list?

r / p/ buy in /ITM/ W/L
$0.50 NL Hold'em [45 Players, Turbo] A/ 10/ $0.50 /30 /3/7
$1.50 NL Hold'em [27 Players] A/ 47/ $1.50 /40 /19/28
$3.50 NL Hold'em [27 Players] NA/ 1/ $3.50 /100 / 1/0
$0.25 NL Hold'em [45 Players] NA/ 3/ $0.25 /33 / 1/2
$0.02 NL Hold'em [990 Players, NA / 1/ $0.02 /100 /1/0

I know I need to up my volume, as from today I am thinking of playing in like 8/12 games at the same time, any thoughts or advise on this? I tend to finish late a lot and I am worried about ending up HU in too many situations when it needs my full attention.

btw...I am still trying to convert my bro to using a HUD, but he's still not having it, I think its a great tool to keep yourself in check, as I think your own table image counts more than anything.

Cheers and GL at the tables. PP72

If you are going to multi table a few things come to mind,

to start with only add 1 new table at a time (so if you currently play 4 try 5 for a bit and see how that goes then add one more.)

Don't start all the games at once start say 4 then when you get to level 3 start 4 more then the bubble / final tables will not all fall at the same time.

If you are at final table of several and facing harder decisions don't start up new tables.

Good luck and see you at the tables

Grade b


I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 12:44 PM
(#11)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
If you are going to multi table a few things come to mind,

to start with only add 1 new table at a time (so if you currently play 4 try 5 for a bit and see how that goes then add one more.)

Don't start all the games at once start say 4 then when you get to level 3 start 4 more then the bubble / final tables will not all fall at the same time.If you are at final table of several and facing harder decisions don't start up new tables.

Good luck and see you at the tables

Grade b

great advice B take note bro the highlighted bit.
 
Old
Default
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 03:02 PM
(#12)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
LOL, never a HUD for me, never multitable, I keep it real lol....
Glad you come back BRo, keep on here and stop site jumping, none of the other sites have any value, not meaning monitary value either.<the other sites are rubbish>, luring us away with their roulette and fruit machines, stars is just poker.
Gl bro lets not tilt together ahahah.

IF you've truly readjusted your goals and just want to be naught but a slightly profitable recreational player (which is fine...) then 1 or 2 tabling the nanostakes ($5 and below) is perfectly OK.

Just understand that without volume and lots of it it will be exceedingly hard,if not nigh on impossible,to move beyond these stakes. Again,if that's what you're now comfortable with...1000% fine,everyone needs to be honest with themselves and what they want out of their experience.

But volume,even 4-6 tabling,is going to be needed to get past these stakes.

On the HUD thing...meh,personally I DID and DO see the benefits in the ability to examine one's sessions whilst streamlining the time crunch needed to do so (thus allowing one to look at even more criteria,though information overload needs to be watched..."paralysis by analysis" so to speak...)is a huge plus for HUD's.

BUT...I would and will be likely to resist using one when US players return until I get to $3 games and up or if (very,very unlikely...) I were to be putting up 12+ tables at a time. Not because of cost vs. benefits but just because to my mind the decisions at the $2 and less levels are so push-button rote that I would rather further develop my reading and note-taking skills at these levels so that these tools are more honed when needed more at higher levels.
 
Old
Default
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 05:53 PM
(#13)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
Thanks for the advise grade b, and Moxie, and as I found out tonight...
Starting only 5 at the same time and ending up HU in 3 of them was getting a bit hectic, I was for sure, not playing my A game against them "1st 2nd 2nd"

I have a whole new thing to learn, I found 5 tables at the start very slow and felt like I could of played 20. But, once the HU started.... Oh boy.

I hope your all in good health and gl at the tables.

PP72.

Last edited by PokerPest72; Thu Dec 05, 2013 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: i like apples.
 
Old
Default
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 06:35 PM
(#14)
Ovalman's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,778
Have you tried TableNinja 2?

It can register and manage tables for you and also preset your raises according to blinds. Takes a lot of automation out of Pokerstars for you although it is very expensive (monthly or yearly rental). I'm using a trial atm and finding it of help although it's a bit buggy for me.

I start 10 and play them out to completion. I find by the end of the session you only have 3 or 4 remaining when it comes to the critical stages and you can give these a lot more concentration.

Edit, you get a free 30 day trial with TableNinja.


Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Ovalman; Thu Dec 05, 2013 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: added edit
 
Old
Default
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 11:51 PM
(#15)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
IF you've truly readjusted your goals and just want to be naught but a slightly profitable recreational player (which is fine...) then 1 or 2 tabling the nanostakes ($5 and below) is perfectly OK.

Just understand that without volume and lots of it it will be exceedingly hard,if not nigh on impossible,to move beyond these stakes. Again,if that's what you're now comfortable with...1000% fine,everyone needs to be honest with themselves and what they want out of their experience.

But volume,even 4-6 tabling,is going to be needed to get past these stakes.

On the HUD thing...meh,personally I DID and DO see the benefits in the ability to examine one's sessions whilst streamlining the time crunch needed to do so (thus allowing one to look at even more criteria,though information overload needs to be watched..."paralysis by analysis" so to speak...)is a huge plus for HUD's.

BUT...I would and will be likely to resist using one when US players return until I get to $3 games and up or if (very,very unlikely...) I were to be putting up 12+ tables at a time. Not because of cost vs. benefits but just because to my mind the decisions at the $2 and less levels are so push-button rote that I would rather further develop my reading and note-taking skills at these levels so that these tools are more honed when needed more at higher levels.

Thanks MOxie, I understand without multi tabling it would be hard to escape micro stakes.
Today and the last few days I have felt like a new player with a fresh mind. Today I gave it everything I had got, todays results...

12/05/2013 $1.00 NL Hold'em [180 Players] $0.91+$0.09 3/180 $18.67
12/05/2013 $0.50 NL Hold'em [45 Players, Turbo] $0.45+$0.05 43/45 $0.00
12/05/2013 $0.50 NL Hold'em [180 Players, Turbo] $0.45+$0.05 58/180 $0.00
12/05/2013 $0.50 NL Hold'em [90 Players, Turbo] $0.45+$0.05 6/90 $2.00
12/05/2013 $0.50 NL Hold'em [45 Players, Turbo] $0.45+$0.05 7/45 $0.70
12/05/2013 $0.50 NL Hold'em [180 Players, Turbo] $0.45+$0.05 17/180 $0.76
12/05/2013 $0.50 NL Hold'em [45 Players, Turbo] $0.45+$0.05 5/45 $1.82
12/05/2013 $0.50 NL Hold'em [45 Players, Turbo] $0.45+$0.05 29/45 $0.00
12/05/2013 $0.50 NL Hold'em [45 Players, Turbo] $0.45+$0.05 4/45 $2.53
12/05/2013 $0.50 NL Hold'em [45 Players, Turbo] $0.45+$0.05 20/45 $0.00
12/05/2013 $0.50 NL Hold'em [45 Players, Turbo] $0.45+$0.05 9/45 $0.00


Is this good enough although im missing the first place spots, without a HUD on single tables?

p.s I now know who Norman Chad is after watching wsop 2013 on youtube lol

Last edited by holdemace486; Fri Dec 06, 2013 at 02:05 AM..
 
Old
Default
Fri Dec 06, 2013, 08:07 AM
(#16)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
I have not tried table ninja, but may look into it in the future, it is going to be strange finding a balance, I mean 16 tables at cash is my max play limit, but I stick to less so my reads are better based or 4/6 zoom/speed tables I am also fine with but, I feel like I am losing major value when I am HU mainly because of the lack of my SNG experience. I love when the antes kick in, in fact I absolutely love it because this is when I get to wake the aggro side of my play up so I feel more at home with having a lot of cash games experience, I also have the advantage of being able to lay down qq and ak pref and so on because of my cash game experience, so on the whole I am happy with my game, but my Hu play is now going into my leak book, it needs fixing.

The best decision I have made this year was coming back to stars. I have been a loner jumping from site to site earning my kebab money hehe. To be honest my passion for poker was gone, I was a robot just in it to make some money and while that was nice, that was not the reason I started to play poker in the first place, it was because I loved the game, as do we all

So new things to learn and leaks to fix and a bro on the same sight with a mini challenge to each other.
I am loving it
On....and I get to shove with junk hands when I am low in bigs, you don't get to do that in cash games

GL all, hope your all doing well in life.
PP72
 
Old
Default
Fri Dec 06, 2013, 08:10 AM
(#17)
PokerPest72's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
BTW... nice string bro, no pressure on me today then lol.
 
Old
Default
Fri Dec 06, 2013, 08:46 AM
(#18)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post
BTW... nice string bro, no pressure on me today then lol.
LOl no pressure bruv, bet you tilt before I do lmao.

I do not care what the rest of the world are doing, me v you bro lol in stats. That is something worth playing for, pride against each other.

I am the best......lol ahahah.

Not long woke up after a long night, so will get my eyes open proper, then go GETSOME!!!!!!!,.

Gl bro speak later








`
 
Old
Default
Gutted! - Sat Dec 07, 2013, 01:59 PM
(#19)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
Well got my Br to $102.95, $100 been my cash in minimum on this type credit card.
Skint, now out of work, I am gutted had no choice but to cash in.
I did want move up the stakes.


blew my last $2 odd just by been gutted.


ZERO BR.
 
Old
Default
Sat Dec 07, 2013, 02:54 PM
(#20)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
Well got my Br to $102.95, $100 been my cash in minimum on this type credit card.
Skint, now out of work, I am gutted had no choice but to cash in.
I did want move up the stakes.


blew my last $2 odd just by been gutted.


ZERO BR.
I guess you still have no knowledge of BRM
At Zero BR, start playing Freerolls
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com