Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Should I have given up QQ here?

Old
Should I have given up QQ here? - Wed Dec 04, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Hi

Im trying to work on my post flop play and here is a tricky spot, I ended up folding but was wondering how other players might play this?
V2 stats at the end of my session (my hud doesn’t give me the stats at the time of the hand)
20/10/0 with a AF of 3.25, 75 hands. He had folded to 3 bet 1/1

As I write this im starting to think that 3 betting of value might not have been the right move (again this is something im trying to work on).

Let me know what you think, thanks for all the help

Michael

Old
Wed Dec 04, 2013, 05:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I think the 3bet pre-flop is perfectly fine and that you made the right move there. There is an arguement to be made that 3betting only keeps good hands in and folds worse out but without a solid read I think we can 3bet for value and get called by worse.

I'm not giving up on this flop either. We have an overpair and a flush draw, its not the nut flush draw, and for that reason I would probably just call the donk bet. He hasnt made it prohibitively expensive for us to see the turn. You gave his aggressions stat and while he isnt ultra aggressive or anything he does know how to bet and raise after the flop has been dealt. This isnt a tight player leading out with the nuts.

So, I think call on the flop and reassess on the turn depending on the turn card and villain 2's actions.

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 05:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Michae2005

I'm going with what bhoylegend said. Folding flop is too weak; we have an overpair + FD. Though we are not drawing to the nuts, we are still at the top of our range and our hand might very well be best here.

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 05:55 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Hey Michael,

3bet a MP raise with QQ here is perfectly fine... & would be my default / standard line at both 2NL & my regular stakes.

I would also continue OTF Vs Villain donk bet [... for the reasons already mentioned] and may also do so without the as many Villains @ 2NL will donk bet on scary boards with draws, pairs+draws, single hearts Ahx, Khx etc... & would continue with most turns cards [dependant upon Villain's actions / bet sizing].

GL @ the tables.

Tony

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 12:16 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2013
Thanks for the replies. I’m finding it a bit frustrating with my post flop play I seem to continue when I should fold and fold when I should continue.

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 12:56 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michae2005 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I’m finding it a bit frustrating with my post flop play I seem to continue when I should fold and fold when I should continue.
Part of the learning process.

Just keep posting hands here of spots where you are unsure. Next time it comes up you can think back and try to implement suggestions.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com