Since: Feb 2013
Hand: http://www.boomplayer.com/nl/poker-h...651_9AD43BE42A

No info on villian

preflop:
- standard open raise from UTG with QQ, BB minraises, call

Flop:
- paired board 7-3-7 rainbow,cbet my overpair. BB calls

Turn:
- 8, blank card, BB bets 70%pot, I flat. Maybe the 8 hit him or got a flushdraw or he already has me beat.

River:
- 2 total blank. Villain bets 70% pot. I call.

I believe I played it way too passive...

Question:
What would have been a good spot to get more value?
- reraised on flop ?
- raised his turn bet?
- shove river?
- all of the above?

Last edited by rkleefstra; Thu Dec 05, 2013 at 04:29 AM..

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 05:22 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Couple of quick points. His raise pre was slightly more than a min raise. A min raise would have been to .10c but he made it 12c.

When you bet after he he checks on the flop it isn't a cbet, it's just a bet.

Minor points but it helps to avoid confusion.

As for the hand, against his raise I would still be looking to raise again here and get it in pre-flop unless we have some specific note or read that he is tight and we are likely to be dominated by an overpair ie. we can narrow his likely range to AA/KK. I think the flop bet is fine, I don't mind a little larger as I think we get called by worse often enough.

On turn and river when he bets out and for a decent size I don't have a problem with just calling down. He might have a weirdly played better pair than ours, a 7. No draw has got there and still hasn't got there by the river so I think we are good often enough.

I would make a note that he takes this line with over pairs to the board.

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 05:56 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi rkleefstra,

Good quick points by bhoylegend
Preflop, I think 4betting or calling totally depends on our opponent type. Though we are sitting with >150bbs I think there is value in re-raising when they just 3bet so small with what is left in the stack. I think AA/KK would be 3betting to a larger size to try to get as much money into the pot considering we are both deep. With that said, I've seen alot of players take that min 3bet line with Ax type hands and PPs (not necessarily premiums) in a way to re-take initiative in the hand. As played, I am calling down here.

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 06:37 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
Thanks bhoylegend and geoVarta.

Sorry about the quick points. I do need to get my "technical language" right if I ask for good hand analysis (this was my first).

Most of the time, I have bad experiences with 4betting. Always seem to walk into Aces when I do that on 2NL.
Suppose I did 4bet to like 40cent and get shoved on. Do I call?

Happy the calling down on turn/river was oke. I thought I lost value there, turns out it was pre

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 08:16 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
Thanks bhoylegend and geoVarta.

Sorry about the quick points. I do need to get my "technical language" right if I ask for good hand analysis (this was my first).

Most of the time, I have bad experiences with 4betting. Always seem to walk into Aces when I do that on 2NL.
Suppose I did 4bet to like 40cent and get shoved on. Do I call?

Happy the calling down on turn/river was oke. I thought I lost value there, turns out it was pre
Hey rkleefstra,

At 2NL, Villains do shove with worse pps & some random Ax, Kx hands & is at the top of our range... so I would definitely 4bet for value to say $0.36 - $0.40 Vs small 3bet from the blinds with a view to getting it in p/f if shoved on.

GL @ the tables

Tony

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com