Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

0.55 750Gtd,68s,61BB,SB

Old
0.55 750Gtd,68s,61BB,SB - Thu Dec 05, 2013, 07:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
players:2234 remaining:555 ITM:324

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=313EFC02CD

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 07:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Fold pre.

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 08:02 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I think calling is not good preflop - you have to flop extremely well to continue out of position against a raise from a relative short stack. Plus on the rare occasion you do flop a monster, you can't even win that much. Therefore you haven't really got the implied odds to make this call, 3Betting might only be a good play if villain was deeper stacked so folding is by far the best play.

As played - I would check/call the flop and check/fold the turn and river, as you played it.

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 11:02 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sapines1001!

Any info on the opps? tight/loose, etc.. when posting hands for analysis, this type of information helps us to be able to provide better answers for you. Please try to provide it when posting hands.

With 68s from the SB, I get a standard open from MP. I'm going to fold this preflop. I'm out of position and my hand is not strong enough to raise with. The other factor here is that even if I did have a hand to raise with, due to the opp's stack size, I better be ready to play for their entire stack as a standard raise will pot-commit them. 68s is not strong enough to play for stacks, so I'm mucking.
----------
As played, when I flop a flush draw, I'm going to check to the preflop raiser and hope to see a free turn card (or call a bet that would be +EV to draw to).

The turn is a blank and I'm going to check again and hope for a free river. If I bet the turn, I need to bet at least 1/2 pot, if not 2/3 pot due to the board texture. If I'm going to bet, I need to size the bet like I have the made hand (not a draw). Here again, I run into a problem with a bet. If I bet 2/3 pot (1150), this is very close to pot-committing the opp and if the bet makes them pot-committed, then I need to be ready to play for stacks... which with only a flush draw (I'm discounting the straight as it's too easy for the opp to have a larger straight if I hit) I'm not ready to do. With this being the case, I'm checking.

The river gives me a pair, but it completes many of the draws. Since my hand does have showdown value, I'm going to check and hope to see a free showdown. If the opp bets, then I need to muck.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 04:51 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi sapines1001!

Any info on the opps? tight/loose, etc.. when posting hands for analysis, this type of information helps us to be able to provide better answers for you. Please try to provide it when posting hands.

With 68s from the SB, I get a standard open from MP. I'm going to fold this preflop. I'm out of position and my hand is not strong enough to raise with. The other factor here is that even if I did have a hand to raise with, due to the opp's stack size, I better be ready to play for their entire stack as a standard raise will pot-commit them. 68s is not strong enough to play for stacks, so I'm mucking.
----------
As played, when I flop a flush draw, I'm going to check to the preflop raiser and hope to see a free turn card (or call a bet that would be +EV to draw to).

The turn is a blank and I'm going to check again and hope for a free river. If I bet the turn, I need to bet at least 1/2 pot, if not 2/3 pot due to the board texture. If I'm going to bet, I need to size the bet like I have the made hand (not a draw). Here again, I run into a problem with a bet. If I bet 2/3 pot (1150), this is very close to pot-committing the opp and if the bet makes them pot-committed, then I need to be ready to play for stacks... which with only a flush draw (I'm discounting the straight as it's too easy for the opp to have a larger straight if I hit) I'm not ready to do. With this being the case, I'm checking.

The river gives me a pair, but it completes many of the draws. Since my hand does have showdown value, I'm going to check and hope to see a free showdown. If the opp bets, then I need to muck.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)
i had no reads on the player. if i were in BB was it a good call?

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Due to their stack size, I'm not calling nor raising from any position. The stacks are not deep enough.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com