Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Multi Tabling and VPP per hour questions

Old
Multi Tabling and VPP per hour questions - Thu Dec 05, 2013, 07:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
First, about multi tabling: What size monitor do you use for multi tabling? Do you try to make it so that you can see each table full as you play or do you just have them all "cascade" or whatever and just play each one as they pop up when your turn comes around? I guess that with a large enough monitor a person can put around four tables up and be able to see them all comfortably, but seems clear that someone who plays larger amounts of tables can't see all of them at once, (24 tables plus? wtf) lol.

Secondly, VPP per hour: Anybody able to give me an estimate of how many VPP would generally be earned in one hour at a single 25NL table? I guess it's faster on zoom, or some "fast" tables or whatever. Just sort of a baseline idea please. To keep it simple say a table that's averaging 100 hands per hour. Am I correct to think that if you had that baseline idea of how many VPP would be earned per hour at 25NL, then you could just double that amount to get a general idea of how many VPP per hour a person might earn at 50NL?

Thanks so much
Tyler

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 07:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
With monitor size obviously if you can get bigger that's great but you don't exactly need it unless you are playing a huge amount of tables. I would ideally love two screens but it's not a must since I mostly now just play 4 Zoom tables which I can easily fit and then some onto my 15 inch laptop screen. When I play STTs I find it a struggle past 8 tables. That's with tiling tables (I don't like to cascade).

As for VPPs per hours, it's all based on the rake so it depends how much money you're putting into pots and how active you are. I may be some out as 25NL is not what I play but assuming you can get 100 hands per hour at 6-max that would be perhaps 12 VPPs an hour. It'd be about 250 hands for Zoom so more like 28 VPPs for that. At 50 NL it wouldn't quite be double, around 22 VPPs an hour.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2013, 08:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
You can play around with numbers on the Pokerstars VIP Calculator:

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/calculator/

1 hour at 6Max 25NL at 75 hands/hour will give approximately 9 VPPs/hour

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2013, 05:41 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2012
Cool, thanks for the help

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com