Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AK

Old
AK - Sat Dec 07, 2013, 09:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

This was a reg table and this guy was trying to run every one over by 3 betting a ton, his stats were 24/22/17/33 vpip/pfr/3bet/3bfold

So when he 3bet me i was more than happy to go with my hand preflop but he decides to flat my 4bet and then this horrible flop comes.

I couldn't see him folding anything he flats a 4bet with on the flop and a half pot cbet is a 1/3 of his stack so i just decided to fold because if he calls hes not folding any turn and i would have to just hope i hit an A or a K.

Would you say that the best line to take here is to just fold or should we just take 1 more stab with a $1 cbet?

Old
Sat Dec 07, 2013, 11:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Mike,

Firstly I like to 4b bigger than normal here, to punish this guy a bit more for his wild 3-betting strategy... $1 is a nice normal sizing but I'd boost it a bit to like $1.15.

Post flop, I think we should actually bet/get it in tbh. I wouldn't object to an overbet shove, since he's only got 1.5x the pot size left in his stack. I think you'll find you have the best hand quite often still, with a villain who is so out of line preflop and doesn't like to fold. And I would actually expect him to stack off ace high hands. If he's also been super aggressive post flop (my guess is yes, if he's been trying to run over everyone), then $1 c-bet/call, or shove turn if called, works for me. Overbet shoving works as well. When we do get called and are behind, it will usually be a pocket pair, and we can expect 6 direct outs in addition to our back door straight and flush draws.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 07, 2013, 11:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
If this seems loose, just remember: The villain isn't even starting with a full stack, and it's a 4b pot, which is why the SPR is so low. And villain is out of line with his ranges, trying to run over everyone. We're most concerned about hands like 88-TT on the flop, but honestly a guy like this might 5b jam those pre at least some of the time. He's going to have a lot more KJs, A8o etc type stuff, enough that AK high is going to be the best hand more than you might expect on a very low flop.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 07, 2013, 12:47 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
Oh right ok i like that line vs this player type il remember that the next time i come across one of them, i just wasnt sure what he was flatting my 4bet with.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com