Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Poker Stars player quality

Old
Poker Stars player quality - Sun Dec 08, 2013, 01:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
ChromeStar
I have been playing poker on Poker Stars since 2008, and it has been fun.

But through 2013, I have really noticed that there have been alot, ALOT, of new people register with pokstars. And these people are really ruining what is a great online poker site. I would go as far as to say, the best online poker site.
These people come on to pokerstars and whether it be play money, or real cash, they just destroy what could be a good game. I don't say players, because I don't feel they deserve the title of "POKER PLAYER".
I have play alot of these people in both cash and play money games and tourneys, and they show they are very unskilled, but somehow manage to make an all in play, and somehow manage to win the pot. I have suffered many bad beats by these people.

The sad thing is there is no way to get rid of these people.
I just wish that pokerstars woul have loyalty rewards and table for those that have been playing on the site for many years, where we DON'T HAVE TO deal with these types of 'players', where we, as more skilled players can have 'private' tables, and to keep the donks away.

Old
more info - Sun Dec 08, 2013, 01:52 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2013
ChromeStar
I felt that I needed to bring this up, because someone had to say something.
And because for the last few days, in both play money tables and afew cash games, I have had sure hands, from a good flop (flopping the nuts), only to be hit with a bad beat on the river.

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 02:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
A: If there is even so much as just one card left in the deck that can beat you,your hand is NOT a sure thing.

B: Play money...yeah,the all-in with any 2 cards goofs are irritating to say the least. I want to also play poker there,not bingo push-mania.

BUT...

...you're not going to find many (any?) sympathetic ears when it comes to your suggestion to cull the donks from the rolls of real money games. They're the easy money...the marks...the fish...the ATM's...in other words...the players you WANT on your table.

I mean,if you're interested in making money.

You may want to think about this...if you can't win money from the worst players,how do you expect to take it off more accomplished players?

The password is counter-intuitive.

C: There are places where you can have no donks,dweebs,geeks,fish,marks or have nothing but the same,whatever you want really.

They're called Home Games. Start a club and invite only players who meet your standards,or send requests to join existing clubs.

There's a tab for it and everything,only been there for almost 3 years now.

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 04:30 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2013
A thread complaining about having too many 'unskilled' poker players at your table, really?

This has to be a level.

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 05:24 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2012
9/10 op

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 05:38 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2012
OP, I think you need to move up to where they respect your raises.

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 05:39 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
If you don't want bad players on your tables, please send them to mine. I'd be happy to play against clueless newbies instead of regs.
Bad players are your main source of profit. Why on earth do you want to play against players that are better than you, unless you're Bill Perkins and have deep pockets?

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 07:47 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2013
BronzeStar
its not the fact that they are clueless newbies its the amount of time they shove with crap and get rewarded like the other day i had AKs OTB person b4 cutoff raised to 3BB(600) cutoff calls and i raise to 10BB(2000) get called by both of them got a really dry board 488 i think it was they both checked to me so i put in a half pot raise(3400) only to get shoved on by someone holding QTo and lo and behold the Q hit the turn

how do people make calls or shoves like this and why do they always get lucky it doesn't happen before the bubble it only seems to happen when inside the bubble

like another one just now although it was on 888 so donk city is understandable but i had AQs on the button blinds at 2k i raised to 4k and got shoved on by the big blind holding T4o and board goes 6789 are these people psychic do they know whats going to come out before any cards hit the board

these are my points that i see regularly because i play poker every day and it makes me think that although the people who make these sites say that they are random they actually aren't and some people out there have some way of telling what is going to come out before it actually does

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 08:05 AM
(#9)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
MTT/SNG... Just avoid them early on, let them do all the hard work for you, then when BB pressure starts to kick in and antes.... open your range up and start to stick your chips in there face.

Example, I do not play AJ early on in the game, yet A7 becomes a golden hand later on against these types of players.

Exceptions, I was in a game the other day and I only had 8 bigs, a loose player (87%) vp hehe, open raised out the blue he had a 0% pfr and I had TT in my hand it made me feel sick but I folded, he got called by another player and Mr 87% vp shows QQ. I went on to win that game.

Cash....This format has high rewards and high risk, I have flopped sets of kings and aces just to get killed by the river by 2 silly cards like TT going runner runner and giving him a 1 card flush, my reaction was similar to how you feel right now. But at the end of the day that player is allowed to do what ever he or she wants with there money.

If you want to be an awesome poker player, you have to learn to take a run of bad beats. The fact that you have posted this, which I am also guilty of myself, means you have allowed emotion to enter your game m8.
I feel your pain but, you should be rubbing your hands together with players like that at your table.

I wish you the best of luck

PP72.

PS. always listen to Moxie, it's free solid advise......Me not so much lol.

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 08:28 AM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2013
To summarize what waikato is saying:
''I want to play only versus regs and to be completely destroyed money wise, in order to have fun in poker.
I am going to have a good poker experience only by playing skilled players and since I was great at poker from the very first day I played, I want the unskilled newcomers out.''

Alright that wasn't what waikato said, but that's what I got at least.

Last edited by GamblingProp; Sun Dec 08, 2013 at 08:30 AM..

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 09:20 AM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
Things to realize about poker to not go crazy at the game:
  1. Focus on your decisions as that is the only thing you control at the table.
  2. You make more off your opponents mistakes than your brilliant play..
  3. You WANT your opponents to make bad, ie -EV, decisions.
  4. Poker is about situations, not just the cards.
  5. Runs, good or bad, go on far longer than anyone expects

PS: These also lead to PROFIT!

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 09:47 AM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2010
LOL pp72. If I flop a set on the flop and Ten- Ten comes and I lose to a flush POKERSTARS is going to hear some nasty words from me.

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 12:22 PM
(#13)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi128 View Post
LOL pp72. If I flop a set on the flop and Ten- Ten comes and I lose to a flush POKERSTARS is going to hear some nasty words from me.
Op holds TT then hits a 1 card flush, I hold a set.

Players often lose with aa oop to junk hands all part and parcel of the cash games. But when I flop I set it hurts that bit more

Sry if I did not make myself clear

PP72.

Last edited by PokerPest72; Sun Dec 08, 2013 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: Im not to bright :)

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 05:58 PM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamblingProp View Post
To summarize what waikato is saying:
''I want to play only versus regs and to be completely destroyed money wise, in order to have fun in poker.
I am going to have a good poker experience only by playing skilled players and since I was great at poker from the very first day I played, I want the unskilled newcomers out.''

Alright that wasn't what waikato said, but that's what I got at least.

Pretty good summary IMO,Prop.

Inspired,I'll take a stab at summarizing haemophile's post...

"Not only is it rigged,it's rigged against ME!!!"

How did I do?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com