Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Hows my line

Old
Hows my line - Sun Dec 08, 2013, 09:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

villain is a tag

He donks 2/3 PSB on flop and i decided to flat because all he can have is a boat which im stacking anyway KK QQ JJ and maybe he can have KQss JQss.

Seen as i didnt know if he will get it in with a straight flush draw i decided to flat.

Turn he checks and i thought if im gonna get a bet out of JJ QQ KK it might as well be on the river so if he has got a flush draw he can hit it and maybe il get stacks in.

The only thing i dont like is if he did have KQss QJss if he it a royal flush i would of just owned myself but seen as that is so rare i decided to just slow play it to the river.

Is this fine vs a tag seen as im not getting 3 streets out of most of his hands anyway?

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 11:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I think you played the hand perfectly - it's tough to get value from such a strong flop.

I guess you're also lucky that villain had a really strong hand that he thought he was playing for value.

When you flop quads, don't ever even consider folding to a potential straight flush. If they have it at least you can post it in the bad beat section!

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 01:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Sicko!

It's one of the few spots I'm slow playing. Because there are no more aces in the deck and we know that but villain doesnt obviously and they lead the flop after they call a 3bet preflop and given this is a 3bet pot we can get our money in by the river in so many different ways. Your turn check back is consistent with your flop call with KK-JJ so I think villain might try to bluff the river or x/c with QQ/JJ. I like it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com