Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

bad beat.. requests hand evaluation

Old
bad beat.. requests hand evaluation - Sun Dec 08, 2013, 04:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
BronzeStar
guys i will not moan,i senced fullhouse but couldn not fold,do you agree with my behave in this hand?
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...772_AE7BA195CF

not much i could do there...

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 04:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'd fold pre. A3s is not a strong hand and I'd be out of position.

If I saw the flop (which I would not), I'm leading every single time and not checking.

Same thing on the turn, I have to lead and not check.

River overbet (std is 1/2 pot) is too much and will only get called/raised by a full house... it's a value-owning bet.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 04:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I raise the flop and/or raise bigger on the turn to try and get all in with the best hand. By slowplaying and minraising you give villain the right price to suck out. Since he bet the flop and turn, he often has a set, unless he also flopped a flush (which is highly unlikely). About the only hands you beat on the river are KQ and KJ with the that bet the flop with the draw and backdoored trips, but I think those hands just call your river lead. Villain's river raise is pretty much always a boat with 88, 55 or 22. Very occasionally, it's quads.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2013, 04:58 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I'd fold pre. A3s is not a strong hand and I'd be out of position.

If I saw the flop (which I would not), I'm leading every single time and not checking.

Same thing on the turn, I have to lead and not check.

River overbet (std is 1/2 pot) is too much and will only get called/raised by a full house... it's a value-owning bet.

John (JWK24)
i know i should stop playin AXs but i find it my biggest leak...
on the river i though he wanna bluff or have 2pairs/similar...
i wanted to trap him but **deleted inappropriate language JWK24** move along...

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 06:39 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
Personally i don't disagree with you playing A3 suited in a cash game but on the fold after he bet you was pose to stick it to him. Then if he called, on the turn stick it to him because it he called a big re-raise with that flop he's chasing something some make sure he knows he losing and price him out

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 07:40 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_locks View Post
Personally i don't disagree with you playing A3 suited in a cash game but on the fold after he bet you was pose to stick it to him. Then if he called, on the turn stick it to him because it he called a big re-raise with that flop he's chasing something some make sure he knows he losing and price him out
A3s is pretty strong hand... ill rather play that than pocket 2 or AKo
i dont like fact fast folding 200 hands to hit AA,KK and than lose it to flush/str8

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 09:52 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicius View Post
i dont like fact fast folding 200 hands to hit AA,KK and than lose it to flush/str8
A3 is NOT a pretty strong hand, it's junk.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 11:24 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
A3 is NOT a pretty strong hand, it's junk.

John (JWK24)
Yes sadly in online poker it is weaker than irl...
But its sure stronger than j9o,46o,22...
As i said i cant just wait for big pairs to play the game,nits do it and thats not my play...
I started to fold AK to allins and raises except if flop is AA,Kk TJQ

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 11:33 AM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2013
Quote:

Is this a tactic to get us hunting you down to play on tables only for you to keep stacking us with the nuts?

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 11:45 AM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Yes sadly in online poker it is weaker than irl...
But its sure stronger than j9o,46o,22...
As i said i cant just wait for big pairs to play the game,nits do it and thats not my play...
I started to fold AK to allins and raises except if flop is AA,Kk TJQ

22 IS a favorite against A3.

Whether it's an online game or live is irrelevant. The same 52 card deck is used for both and the odds are 100% identical for live or online.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 12:06 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2012
This so far from a bad beat.

It's pretty much misplayed on very street.

Fold pre, seeing as you have seen flop, lead or raise and not a pointless min raise, raise it and get some value. Seeing as you didn't raise flop, raise turn bigger than this stupid click back people are getting fixated with at the micros. And leading river when the board pairs, the only time you make a value bet is when you have potentially moved behind in the hand.

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 12:18 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danutz75 View Post
Is this a tactic to get us hunting you down to play on tables only for you to keep stacking us with the nuts?
You just shove your AKo few times and tell me result,check your hm2,pt for how many times you lost AKo nut hand on showdown,till than ill just fold AKo if none of above cards show up

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 12:36 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
This so far from a bad beat.

It's pretty much misplayed on very street.

Fold pre, seeing as you have seen flop, lead or raise and not a pointless min raise, raise it and get some value. Seeing as you didn't raise flop, raise turn bigger than this stupid click back people are getting fixated with at the micros. And leading river when the board pairs, the only time you make a value bet is when you have potentially moved behind in the hand.
Do you think on micro he would fold his set to a bigger bet? If i would hold set of deuces,i would fold it on flush draw flop..on river i was sure he also have flush,but it went bad..

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 12:40 PM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2011
Folding a set on any street before the river is usually a mistake. On the turn, a set has 10 outs to a boat or quads. i.e. a set has a stronger draw than a flush draw, and it's often already the best hand.
Bear in mind also, that many villains at these stakes are incapable of folding a pair, let alone a set!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 12:40 PM
(#15)
A3 suited is at best 28 percent v AKo, and that is with me being generous and not having the king the same suit as the 3.

You say AKo nut hand? This is a contradiction in terms, but guess you mean aipf AKo v AQo etc, for example. Fact is I have never had an issue with how the hands play and the number of times I lose and would love to see evidence if you have it showing otherwise.

'You just shove your AKo few times and tell me result' And what would a few times prove either way? That wouldn't be a meaningful sample.

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 12:43 PM
(#16)
I'm not folding a set on a monotone flop. I am however folding it if the board brings more of the same suit on the turn or river which is why I think you should raising now and getting value. It's rare for someone to flop a flush. Less rare for them to flop a flush draw. If you raise flop he probably thinks you are drawing, have two pair, have an overpair etc. get value before the board looks worse to him than it did.

I like putting people on hands I beat, most people do, take advantage of that.

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 12:57 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
In my database i lost a lot of floped good hands,if i hold AQ on TJK flop i lose that hand lot of times.. this hand was no different

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 01:00 PM
(#18)
Quote:
In my database i lost a lot of floped good hands,if i hold AQ on TJK flop i lose that hand lot of times.. this hand was no different
Show us these stats please, I for one would love to see them

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 01:09 PM
(#19)
Quote:
A flopped straight isn't always the nuts by the river so that's hardly surprising. 100bb deep I'm stacking off on the flop if I can though.

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 02:39 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danutz75 View Post
Show us these stats please, I for one would love to see them
http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...659_D109B893B0

cant dig up all of them(not at home) but similar loses happens ,on turn,on river,all in..
no matter what u do you lose.. it just happens

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com