Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25 NL Zoom OOP drawheavy board (Bad call?)

Old
25 NL Zoom OOP drawheavy board (Bad call?) - Wed Dec 11, 2013, 09:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
Button ($25)
SB ($25.10)
Hero (BB) ($25)
UTG ($18.90)
MP ($36.73)
CO ($36.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 7
2 folds, CO raises to $0.62, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.37

Flop: ($1.34) 8, 3, 10 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.74) 4 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1.96, Hero calls $1.96

River: ($6.66) 6 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $3.60, Hero calls $3.60

Total pot: $13.86 | Rake: $0.62

Villain stats unknown, seems to be a regular.

I feel the flop call is really standard. And decided to call the turn aswell because there are so many draws in his range.

As all draws missed except the 79s (that I think was also in his range). I felt I got a really good price on the river to call down.

I think he might bluff the river there with all suited overcards. Both spades and clubs. For some reason i don't really put an 8 or 810 in his range on the riverbet. Nor other strong hands (I assume he'd defend with bigger bets.)

Some inputs on how some of you migth approach these heavy draw big range spots OOP. I'm new to 25NL (only about 5k hands)

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 12:25 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Ambitious.

You could consider check/raising the river as a bluff. Think it's a cool spot for it because the majority of his range is b/f heavy.

Last edited by birdayy; Thu Dec 12, 2013 at 02:11 AM..

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 01:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Preflop it's probably close between calling and 3-betting, I like both approaches - calling more against an unknown as I don't want to waste the value of my hand not knowing villains continuing tendencies pre or potential mistake rate post.

I think we can safely fold turn most of the time against an unknown with 3rd pair as we have enough 8x and Tx in our BB defending range to call a 2nd bullet with. 7s are a little too weak as even most of villains draws have tons of equity/outs against us and that turncard isn't all that great of a bluffcard. So even though we might get semibluffed here I feel like we need to lay it down most of the time as we can only make tons of mistakes OTR.

His riversize doesn't look bluffy to me and even though two flushdraws busted out I feel like calling river here against that size is -EV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Ambitious.

You could consider check/raising the river a bluff. Think it's a cool spot for it because the majority of his range is b/f heavy.
I like the principal idea in theory, but without reads/info this can just be a spewy play against nonthinking opponents at microstakes^^

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com