Since: Oct 2013
Villains minraise made me range him =<KQ

Did not know what to make of his sketchy FT bets, am I a calling station :/

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 03:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
imo:
He played a horrible line and got punished on the river.
His bets were so small you had to call. It was 3handed so calling looks fine to me

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 05:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Nash,

I don't think it's that good. Firstly, our preflop 3b size is too small, if we're going to 3b we should probably be sizing it more like .14 out of position here.

On the flop I think this is just a fold. The bet and raise are smallish, yes, but they are still a bet and a raise in a multi-way pot. We rate to be behind at least one of them already, and we don't know if a Q or A coming even improves us to the best hand. We are getting over 3-1 to peel the flop and have the back door nut flush draw, but also don't close the action either so we could make this call then find ourselves not even seeing the turn if V5 puts in a big reraise.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 03:56 AM
(#4)
Thank you both for the feedback. When I saw his hole cards I thought to myself if only you'd bet the pot on the flop and turn, I would've folded.

I only called cause his bet sizes seemed suspect.

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 06:06 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
Notice the ops stack, less than 100 BB, so between the ops stack size and betting line its pretty obvious he has a hand that he deems good, why would you assume a suspect betting line when the guy is not even sitting on the table with a full stack chances are he does not understand bet sizing, and you cannot range an op on KQ just because he min raises. Your re-raise was weak as hell and you were inviting them to play a pot with you, where they had position on you, and that flop more times than not, hits there range more than yours so I am done with the hand.

Also what is op 5,s range I am putting him on 2 suited connectors maybe even 9Td so if the turn comes 8d do you carry on in the pot thinking well now I'm only 1 card away from a flush (that's already crushed). I don't like how the hand was played by all parties involved.

Sorry dude, I don't mean disrespect in any shape or form, it's just the pests opinion.

Gl.PP72

Last edited by PokerPest72; Fri Dec 13, 2013 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: It's cloudy outside.

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 06:58 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post
Notice the ops stack, less than 100 BB, so between the ops stack size and betting line its pretty obvious he has a hand that he deems good, why would you assume a suspect betting line when the guy is not even sitting on the table with a full stack chances are he does not understand bet sizing, and you cannot range an op on KQ just because he min raises. Your re-raise was weak as hell and you were inviting them to play a pot with you, where they had position on you, and that flop more times than not, hits there range more than yours so I am done with the hand.

Also what is op 5,s range I am putting him on 2 suited connectors maybe even 9Td so if the turn comes 8d do you carry on in the pot thinking well now I'm only 1 card away from a flush (that's already crushed). I don't like how the hand was played by all parties involved.

Sorry dude, I don't mean disrespect in any shape or form, it's just the pests opinion.

Gl.PP72
None taken mate, thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.
I did not range him to hold KQ, I thought his minbet reeked of Kx/Qx/Jx and did not put him past KQs tops. This is likely costing me money but I'm learning to range so starting somewhere based on 5k hands this far. I completely agree his betting line atleast said pocket pair, which I wasn't beating on that wet flop. It just didn't scream pocket Kings. Had I looked at his stack size, I could've put things together, which I did not do. Terribad play, lucky result.

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 10:02 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
Quick tip: Min raises and min-3-bets are usually made by bad players, with either very weak hands, or (more commonly) very strong hands. Villain's bets were very small at every stage, but he did actually 4-bet pre-flop, and raised on the flop. I would expect a range of QQ+ here, and would fold on the flop, because you're drawing very slim against a monster. KK is actually his most likely holding, I think, because you have blockers to AA and QQ.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com