Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

tired of this crap.

Old
tired of this crap. - Thu Dec 12, 2013, 02:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Ok, I'm gonna try to upload a hand, never done it before...

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...988_66570C19B9

So yeah, I've been playing poker online now for about 9 months, about 4 months on pokerstars, i'm no genius, but i'm not a total donk either, but i just lose consistently. And it's hands like these that get me all the time. Now people always come back with, oh, you gotta learn to live with variance, etc etc. Variance my a**. When I re-raised this guy's 3 bet, he should not even have been IN this hand with the crap he had. But of course he calls it and he gets rewarded with 2 pair off the flop.

I see this ALL THE TIME, people call or raise with trash and get rewarded. I'm tired of hearing, oh, it's variance. Yes, of course, AA can lose (obviously even more so in omaha than in hold'em), but I just see poorer hands winning far too often.

Any comments welcome, and if you think I misplayed this hand, then tell me what you think i did wrong.

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 02:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2013
it is Omaha!

AA is never ahead on that flop...

Too many people play AA like the nuts in Omaha and never put the brakes on.

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 02:52 PM
(#3)
i KNOW it's Omaha. I know AA is no way as strong in Omaha as it is in hold'em, and acknowledged that point in my original post. And i know the flop did nothing for me. I shoved on the flop cos i was pot-committed at that stage anyway.

My point is that the guy should not have even been calling my pre-flop max re-raise of his 3-bet with the hand he had. My hand was WAY stronger. Not just AA, but flush potential on both aces. But he did call. And he got rewarded. Which is what i see ALL THE TIME. People calling with trash and getting rewarded for it.

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 03:16 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2013
But it is 3 way...he likely getting the odds 3 way and you will get called all day with that hand

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 03:27 PM
(#5)
Really? You think? i know that if I call raises like that all day with 389T then i'm losing a lot of money pretty damn quickly....

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 03:41 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2013
BronzeStar
some people just live in hope he must have thought he was onto a straight or a full house?? No accounting for foolish betting in poker

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 04:30 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
people play any 4 cards in omaha. there is a much large knowledge gap in omaha than in holdem. this kind of thing happens all the time b/c so many people take a flop with literally anything. now with that said, u need to be informed of a few things. 1, the guy that one had a pretty decent hand. 2, raising preflop in omaha is much more of a risk in omaha than in holdem b/c there will be so many more opportunities for somebody to hit their hand. 3, this is 1c/2c. donks make up 80% of the player pool (educated guess). 4, u weren't pot committed at all. in fact, i would be check-folding there every single time. u have to know somebody made a straight on that flop, espcially 3-handed. 5, i don't really like the line u took with this hand. 4-betting, even with an awesome preflop hand in omaha, is just a really risky thing. u are playing a very gambling style taking this line. it's not practical for u to get so much money in pre, have a really bad flop come off (and that WAS a very, very bad flop) and then feel like u have to put the rest of ur money in with just one pair and no draw. i would not have minraised pre. i would have just raised pot. but if i did minraise, i would have just called the 3bet and gone from there. hope this helps.

Last edited by ketchup143; Thu Dec 12, 2013 at 05:04 PM..

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2013, 06:36 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by flushyerself View Post
Ok, I'm gonna try to upload a hand, never done it before...

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...988_66570C19B9

So yeah, I've been playing poker online now for about 9 months, about 4 months on pokerstars, i'm no genius, but i'm not a total donk either, but i just lose consistently. And it's hands like these that get me all the time. Now people always come back with, oh, you gotta learn to live with variance, etc etc. Variance my a**. When I re-raised this guy's 3 bet, he should not even have been IN this hand with the crap he had. But of course he calls it and he gets rewarded with 2 pair off the flop.

I see this ALL THE TIME, people call or raise with trash and get rewarded. I'm tired of hearing, oh, it's variance. Yes, of course, AA can lose (obviously even more so in omaha than in hold'em), but I just see poorer hands winning far too often.

Any comments welcome, and if you think I misplayed this hand, then tell me what you think i did wrong.

The first step is to take notes,

What have you seen this villain raise with in the past?

If they are really raising with everything maybe we want to slow down and just call until we make the nuts (or near nuts) as we know that they will pay us off.

Of course you see poor hands winning, Thats because at our level more players are playing poor hands, if 6 of the players on the table are playing rubbish and 2 playing good cards the majority of winning hands will be spread amongst the 6 poor players.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com