Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

1.10 PSO tourney playing A5s 46bb MP(6 handed)

Old
1.10 PSO tourney playing A5s 46bb MP(6 handed) - Fri Dec 13, 2013, 05:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
SB: 31.36 BB (VPIP: 9.52, PFR: 2.38, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 42)
BB: 41.41 BB (VPIP: 7.55, PFR: 2.83, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 106)
UTG: 37.88 BB (VPIP: 8.96, PFR: 7.58, 3Bet Preflop: 5.88, Hands: 67)
CO: 13.74 BB (VPIP: 37.89, PFR: 11.58, 3Bet Preflop: 6.67, Hands: 99)
BTN: 24.84 BB (VPIP: 11.36, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 44)

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=9C5BAC16CF

table was tight so i preferred to try my chance to steal the pot.

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 07:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Your play preflop is a touch loose but I personally like it - particularly if you have a tight table

Flop play is good.

Turn play I don't like - just take a free card, hope to hit a T or a flush and just give up if you miss.

Once villain has called your flop bet on such a wet board - it is very unlikely he is going away on the turn.

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 10:47 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sapines1001!

With A5s from the CO, I'm going to muck this preflop. Yes, the opps are playing tight, but I also need to look at how the opps perceive me and 37/11 is too loose. Playing too loose will get me played back at lighter by a smarter opponent.

The flop is very coordinated and gives me the nut flush and a gutshot straight draw and the opp checks to me. With the range that the opp is calling with (7.55%), when I go to pokerstove to see what the opp is playing against me... every single hand combination in the opp's range has either hit this board or is a pocket pair (88+,ATs+,KTs+,QJs,AQo+). There isn't even one combination of cards that I'm ahead of and due to this, I need to check.

The turn doesn't help me, so I need to check again and hope for a diamond on the river.

The key though is that since I'm playing so loose, I need to let this go preflop as I'm going to get played back at too often by an observant opp. If I do play the hand, then I need to check/fold when I miss.

37VPIP is way, way, way too loose in these games and playing this wide, 11PFR is way too passive (calling preflop too often). I aim for playing these at 20/16 (can be a touch higher if I'm getting great cards or be much lower if I don't).

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com