Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

1.10 PSO tourney playing AQs 46bb MP1

Old
1.10 PSO tourney playing AQs 46bb MP1 - Fri Dec 13, 2013, 05:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
PokerStars - $1+$0.10|600/1200 Ante 150 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG+1: 13.78 BB (VPIP: 9.45, PFR: 8.13, 3Bet Preflop: 3.23, Hands: 131)

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=9B7531FEA1

could i fold this hand?

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 05:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
Unless you are missing the fold button, I don't see any reason to not fold AQs there.
Judging from villain stats AJ could be on their range, but without reads I would just fold and wait for a better spot.
If of course villain was shoving loosely on previous occasions, the call becomes the best move.
But it's not a big mistake, since you are usually flipping vs their range.

Last edited by GamblingProp; Fri Dec 13, 2013 at 06:01 AM..

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 11:03 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sapines1001!

IF the opp was shoving their entire 8.1% range here preflop, then I'm in a 49%-51% flip and will lose slightly more than I will win... IF it is a HU pot. There are still 4 opps to act behind me.

However, the opp here has 14BB, so they do not need to shove if they don't want to. Also, the opp is in early position, which also should mean that this is a stronger hand.

There also is another thing to consider. The opp that shoves here is in first place for the yearly leaderboard for these games and the winner at the end of the year receives a Sunday Million ticket. With the opp being in first, they should not be taking the possibility to miss out on points and possibly lose over $100... another reason that they should be stronger than normal.

With everything here saying that the opp should be very strong here and FOUR opps to act behind me that could make this a multi-way pot where AQ plays much, much worse, I'm mucking AQ here.

I'd re-shove with AK, but weaker aces, I need to fold. Any hand that I would play, I absolutely need to re-shove to try to isolate the opp. Calling invites the others into the pot and I do not want to be in a multi-way pot with an unmade hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com