Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10Nl 6-max Zoom AKo

Old
10Nl 6-max Zoom AKo - Fri Dec 13, 2013, 10:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain that 3B has the stats 25/19/10 over 53 hands. And the cold calling is unkown but mostly likely a fish (calling 3B OOP and weird stack sizes).

I don't like calling with offsuit AK OOP against 2 players here. So I decided to 4B. Since these player tend to just call four bets quite often, I decided to 4B AI, since the 3-better's range was clearly wide, and the fish might call with a wide range of hands.

Any thoguths ?

Cheers!

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 10:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

I certainly like 4-betting here, but do not like ripping it all in like this, a huge sizing is going to make it very difficult for our opponents to make calling mistakes (and prevents them completely from making raising mistakes by removing the opportunity). I would much prefer a sizing like 2.35 here.

When you make a massive overbet like this, we are probably not getting called off too often by AQ or worse, even from a fishy player... we are getting called by bigger pockets (maybe middling pockets from the fish) and other AK's, and AKo doesn't play great against that range. The smaller 4b sizing allows fishy guys to (incorrectly) take a flop off with AQo, ATs, 55, which works out better for us in the long run.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 05:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Why do we 4bet here? to isolate someone or for value?

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 07:59 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praydk View Post
Why do we 4bet here? to isolate someone or for value?
Both - but mainly for value

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 08:05 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Langolier, but what do we do ir the flop misses us with something like T63 or JT5 and the pot will be huge. What we do if we miss the flop and:
-We are multi way against 3 calling stations
or
-We get heads-up and we c-bet but he raises AI

I usually have a hard time playing AK hands on 3B pots when I miss.I've filetered them om HM2 and I'm loosing a lot of money with them, I guess I just c-bet too much. Any thoughts ?

Cheers!

Last edited by fp_boss77; Sat Dec 14, 2013 at 08:07 AM..

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 09:51 AM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2011
I wouldn't mind calling fp_boss. I think they are all profitable ways forward shoving, four-betting, and calling. I think shoving is probably the least profitable of the bunch and that four-betting to 2.40 is better than that, because as Dave said, it does an effective job of keeping AJs KQs AQo in the pot with you.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com