Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom JJ

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom JJ - Fri Dec 13, 2013, 10:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villains has stats 33/33/100 over just 3 hands. He seemed to be pretty aggressive Pre-flop, so I decided to call and play the pot IP here.
What you think of my flop raise & 4BAI ? I don't like just calling the c-bet because a lot of scare cards could come to me and to kill my action as well. And folding here I think it's out of question right ?

Any thoughts on the hand ?

Cheers!

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 11:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
There seems to be a common theme with the hands you are posting. You seem to be putting a lot of money in with seemingly strong hands which are actually very vulnerable.

I went through my hand history about a month ago and all the big pots I lost were exactly like the hands you have posted - overplaying strong 1 pair hands. If you stop losing so many of these big pots, your winrate will increase dramatically.

I don't think you're really paying much attention to what villain might have and are more focused on what your own holding is.

Your sample size on the villain of 3 hands is essentially meaningless as is 33/33/100 probably means he played 1 hand out of 3 where he 3Bet preflop - that doesn't tell you anything.

Preflop you are 3Bet. This normally indicates some strength, but not always. A typical 3Bet range might be 88+, AT+, KQ, maybe this is wider for some opponents. I think calling is best, but 4Betting is also possible.

On the flop, villain Cbets. What range does he have? Probably exactly the same range that he 3Bet with. I would prefer to just call on the flop and utilise our position to see if villain continues OTT.

As played, villain decides to 3Bet us. Now I'd be very concerned about our hand. I think villain would fold AJ-AK, KQ. He'd likely just call with AhKh or KhQh, he might also call with sets, however I think he is more likely to raise these. Therefore I think his 3Betting range is crushing us as it consists of 88, TT, JJ+.

Therefore I think flop is actually a pretty easy fold.

Btw please don't post results when posting your hands - it makes the analysis much harder to do objectively.

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 11:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
Offtopic: spand42, how do you not post the end of the hand?

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 11:49 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlopes View Post
Offtopic: spand42, how do you not post the end of the hand?
Hey Mr Flopes,

You just delete the section e.g. showdown [... or the point you want to freeze the hand] when you cut & paste the hand history in to the replayer and then save the hand.

Hope this helps,

Tony

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 01:13 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
As Spand said, a sample size of 3 hands is meaningless.

One thing that troubles me is that fp_boss wrote "I decided to call and play the pot IP here" - which is, of course, fine - but then you seem to throw your positional advantage away by raising the flop. I'm not sure if it's definitely the right play, but I would tend to call on the flop to see if villain continues his aggression on the turn. There are certainly bad cards that can come on later streets, but we can use this information to make better decisions. e.g. I could get away from jacks (having only called one bet) if villain bombs a king turn, because KK, AK and AA are a big part of his range.
As played, I'm definitely folding to the flop 3-bet. You have an overpair, but you're not really beating anything, apart from the monster draws for , and , which have a ton of equity against you. I think getting it in just valueowns you, because against a range of overpairs and NFDs, you're crushed, with about 17% equity. If villain can have sets here, it's even worse.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Fri Dec 13, 2013 at 01:15 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 10:34 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

I think this is a pretty big leak. You have no read as 3 hands doesn't say anything, and are stacking off when this guy shows massive strength. Firstly if we did think he's pretty aggro pre, and with this being a primary preflop spot for light aggression from him (vs. a button open), I would 4-bet and plan to get it in right there with JJ button vs. blind.

As played I would flat call the flop and see what the turn is and how he responds. If we do raise, I think we should be folding to a re-raise. He has committed himself for stacks by putting 3 bets in on the flop, after 3-betting pre. His range to do this is likely TT+, AhKh/AhQh. Our equity against that range is a dismal 15%.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com