Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

ak vs 42

Old
ak vs 42 - Fri Dec 13, 2013, 02:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013

ok so first time 6max... I sit and decide to play tight... after few hands chips are flying around and I can;t find my spot... guy playing in this hand with me is maniac and pushing other people to play like that... so I finally found my spot and you see what happened but then I remembered some words... " you gonna make profit out of those players in a long run" so I reload came back and took all his chips

I know that he know that he got me on turn but hov can he call my re raise with pair of twos? Did I did something wrong in this hand?

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 07:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
42 lol

Just think how the hand would have played out if he had 43 and I think you can be very satisfied with how you played the hand.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 01:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey peckmansick,

you played that hand fine and there's nothing to worry about as villain's preflop and flopcall are -EV over the longrun. He will not improve to 2 pair or better for the odds he is given (inlucding implied odds with your shorter stack) often enough to make it profitabel for him.

Personally I would bet out on the flop although there are some arguments for slowplaying given the dry nature of the flop. I'd also auto top up (use auto-rebuy function for this in the PS client) so you start out with $2 and maximize your potential value in each hand.

Live Trainer

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 05:40 AM
(#4)
I needed to bet the flop but action at the table was like that I was sure he is going to bet if he has something or nothing and the guy after him is gonna call couse he thinks so as well...
when I lose hand stupid as this one I'm ashamed and I leave table to avoid tilting, but this time I came back 2.4$ and action went on in a same manner and we kinda split his money and he left... after that play resumes normal

what are the arguments for big stack vs short stack at these micro stakes? I found my short stack play like all in protection (that is ridiculous right??)

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 08:07 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
The key to beating microstakes is getting maximum value from your made hands - not by bluffing or getting into marginal all-in spots with a short stack.

Having a full stack at microstakes (especially 2NL) is key to get value from the very large percentage of recreational players who will spew their stacks with all sorts of rubbish.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 08:18 AM
(#6)
That sound so much more sense than my reason to play with short stack
Changing that immediately.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 09:14 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
The key to beating microstakes is getting maximum value from your made hands - not by bluffing or getting into marginal all-in spots with a short stack.

Having a full stack at microstakes (especially 2NL) is key to get value from the very large percentage of recreational players who will spew their stacks with all sorts of rubbish.
I keep veering away from this

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com