Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Speculative hands betsizing

Old
Speculative hands betsizing - Fri Dec 13, 2013, 04:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Hi guys,
just want to ask you all about what betsizing should I use when playing preflop with speculative hands in position, for example suited connectors?
I am still quite not sure about that, as there are more ways that come in my mind about this thing.
Should I bet small to show some aggression and get to the flop as cheap as possible? Or should I just call?
And yeah, I'm definitely not going to make big bets
Thanks in advance

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 05:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
If your talking about preflop just make bet sizing the same for each hand but diff sizes for what ever seat your in for example i open 3x in all seats except the BU where i raise 2.5x, then i will vary my sizing on the BU depending on whos in the blinds just like i wont open some hands vs some players in the blinds but il open absolute garbage vs others.

Il even make 4x or 5x sizing's vs some players i got notes on. So as a default opening size go with 3x and 2.5 and if your opening a really tight range UTG you could 4x it if you want i dont see the point but i know players do do it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com