Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

FR 2NL Zoom, overpair facing overbet on the flop

Old
FR 2NL Zoom, overpair facing overbet on the flop - Fri Dec 13, 2013, 10:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013

Only 2 hands on villain, so consider him a random zoom opponent. I think the raise overbet shove on the turn meant either a set or a very agressively played nut flush draw, but either way, I think my decision was pretty straight forward, even if it sucks to fold KK on a low card flop.

Old
Fri Dec 13, 2013, 11:28 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Your preflop sizing is way too big. It should be 3x or at most 3.5x.

When he shoves it's the snappiest snap call of snap calls.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 07:53 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
When he shoves it's the snappiest snap call of snap calls.
With a fist pump to boot!

Villains often do this on such dry boards with random bluffs or crappy pocket pairs.

It's when you see random shoves on the turn or especially the river that you have to be concerned that villains basically always have the nuts.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 10:33 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2013
And I thought my fold was pretty straightforward... lol
I think I still am having trouble ranging villains on a flop raise vs a turn/river raise. I'm giving villains wayyy too much credit when they raise on the flop. Def need to work on that leak.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 11:04 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2013
Every time i see a flop shove i see some really bad hands most of the time, where i wouldnt call is when they over bet shove the turn like on a 8d 9d 2c 5d, i snap called here a few times and sucked out and they were shoving straights and sets here alot.

The reason i called was because i just couldnt see people overbet shove a flush because you cant expect players to call with worse and why would a straight or a set shove here, so i snapped it off with top pair and a flush draw and sucked out lol.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Simon,

I agree with calling off here. We are only losing to sets at this point (not putting them on a cold call pre with T3/T2/32 necessarily), but villain even though unknown could (and might often) choose different actions with a set, like calling to raise the turn, or raising smaller than all in.

Other hands that might think in their minds this is a good play: Diamonds semi-bluffing, AT, JJ, QQ, smaller pockets that put you on the hand they can beat (AK) and want you to fold. So I'm quite happy to disappoint him and call.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com