Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Confused Open League Player..

Old
Confused Open League Player.. - Sat Dec 14, 2013, 04:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
Hi all,I started playin Open league this month after i wasted all of my "bankroll builder" bonuses lol.At first i was playin for the tourneys price for the 1st place(5$) which is a miracle for me to hit.Anyways i was playin open league tourneys whn i see them and whn i can manage to register.While i was playin,i saw 1 guy using his time bank every time and it really pissed me off.Everyhand hes waitin to play until he sits off and he sits again but foldin everytime.I got mad ofc and asked him why hes tryin to annoy people?He says sorry but he has to do ths to get points and after him i saw a lot of guys like him time abusin..That way i paid more attention to open league and searched topics about the league but im confused obvsly.Plz help and try to answer my questions if ure experienced about open league.If i finish 5000th place of 10000 players,do i get minus points?Thy say u hve to be in top %6,25 of players to get points but some says top 1000 gives points too.and 1 more question open league finishes at 20 th of th month or 31th? Sorry for my stupid questions,i hope some1 will help..cheers sorry for my english

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 07:37 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi

<<<<Here>>>>> is the info about the open league which you may not have seen yet, hope it helps.

Also check out the forums as there is some really good advice to help members with league tactics.

Good luck, and enjoy your games.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 07:41 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2013
BronzeStar
Hi, Good luck in the Open League this month..

Firstly, please read this Simplified Open league strategy thread: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...EAGUE-Strategy

Secondly, get the calculator from the above mentioned thread.

And of course, read this: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...n_skill_league

Now, there are 2 ways to play and qualify for the next month premier league:

1) Follow the above thread. Use time bank and only play the premium hands till you make sure you get 20 or more points from a tourney.

2) Play normally like any other MTT. Here the drawback is, if you are unlucky and get eliminated early, you may end up in negative points and that effects your overall league position.

So play your best and try to get into the top 500. And at the same time make sure you get at least 20 VPPs this month.

Hope that helps, good luck

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 07:48 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi VaporMohawk,

First, you can find all the information on PSO Sill Leagues in this article.

The virtual in the money [ITM] score is 1440 in a tournament with a full field of 10,000 entries. This is the break even point in earning positive or negative points, therefore a finish at 5,000 will give a result of negative points. All the leagues finish on the last day each month.

There is also an ongoing discussion regarding open league strategy, which you might like to read.

Hope this helps,

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 07:51 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporMohawk View Post
Hi all,I started playin Open league this month after i wasted all of my "bankroll builder" bonuses lol.At first i was playin for the tourneys price for the 1st place(5$) which is a miracle for me to hit.Anyways i was playin open league tourneys whn i see them and whn i can manage to register.While i was playin,i saw 1 guy using his time bank every time and it really pissed me off.Everyhand hes waitin to play until he sits off and he sits again but foldin everytime.I got mad ofc and asked him why hes tryin to annoy people?He says sorry but he has to do ths to get points and after him i saw a lot of guys like him time abusin..That way i paid more attention to open league and searched topics about the league but im confused obvsly.Plz help and try to answer my questions if ure experienced about open league.If i finish 5000th place of 10000 players,do i get minus points?Thy say u hve to be in top %6,25 of players to get points but some says top 1000 gives points too.and 1 more question open league finishes at 20 th of th month or 31th? Sorry for my stupid questions,i hope some1 will help..cheers sorry for my english
Here are answers to your questions:

1) Do not ever worry that you lost your last months bankroll. It happens to all of us at the beginning of our career! Follow the open League strategy and play the daily freerolls in pokerstars. I am sure you will build at least $1 in a day.. Then try to build your bankroll by playing the freerolls and also, limit holdem. When you reach upto $10 and some experience, you may try NL holdem tables and zoom...

2) Yes, using up all your time bank and then sitout, immediately sit back again - this is part of strategy to get a good place and more points.

3) Get the calculator. You can calculate the exact points you get. If your current league score is 1500, lets say, then if you are placed 5000 out of 10000 players, then you lose -4.45 points. And again if your current league score is 1500, lets say, then 3673rd position out of 10000 players gives you 0 points (scoring position). And 1000 position gives you nearly 35 points I guess.

4) open League finishes on the last day of the month. It starts from 3rd of a month.

And one more thing - Open league is a good way to build your bankroll - Make sure you read this - http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...n_skill_league

Good luck and see you in next month premier league

Last edited by LastTricks; Sat Dec 14, 2013 at 07:53 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 08:11 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokyPokyToo View Post
The virtual in the money [ITM] score is 1440 in a tournament with a full field of 10,000 entries. This is the break even point in earning positive or negative points,
this is not quite accurate. the virtual ITM is not the breakeven point. reaching ITM gives an extra 3 points.
the breakeven point depends on how many points you already have (and to a much smaller extent the tournament strength)
if you have 1500 points the breakeven is around #3280
if you have 1600 points it is aleady at #2670
if you already have 2000 points the breakeven is at a much harder #1700

so the more points you got, the harder is to keep them and the harderer increase.

but: I am not support staff so don't assume I know anything.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 10:40 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Yes, the calculator tells you the exact points.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 11:14 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2013
Thanx every1,now im gonna read ur guides,it will be very helpfull,i will hit back if im still confused.cheers

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com