Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom AKo 4B pot

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom AKo 4B pot - Sat Dec 14, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi,villain is unknown, only have 8 hands on him 50/38/33.

What you think of my post flop play ?
I'm always stuck at these spots w/ AK on 3B or 4B pots when I miss the flop, specially OOP. Because a lot of times I c-bet & get raised a lot on TJx or these dry T58 flops.

Cheers!

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 02:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey fpboss,

I don't think there's anything wrong with x/f on these kinds of boards as you chose a pretty big 4-bet size preflop and most people only continue with a pretty strong range against these. Given that the pot is huge, you would be committing your stack with most betsizes, no better hand will fold and no worse will call - I like your line here.

You could consider 4-betting smaller preflop in the future to give villain a chance to continue with a wider range while leaving yourself with more room to maneuver in a 4-bet pot (i.e. semibluff small without being committed). You could also flatcall his 3-bet and continue from there. Flop would usually be a x/c then as you have overcards and dominate some of the hands he may 3-bet you with (again concept of keeping your opponent's range wider with your betting line).

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com