Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10 NL 6-max Zoom Q8s on BB

Old
10 NL 6-max Zoom Q8s on BB - Sat Dec 14, 2013, 10:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, only known player is MP who's playing 21/11/0 over 73 hands

Did I miss a river bet here ?
What to do if I bet and get raised, just fold ?

Cheers!

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 11:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I actually think donkbetting the flop is possible, but maybe the way you played it is superior.

You definitely missed value on the river here. I think whether you should call a raise probably depends on the sizing. If it's a relatively small raise I'd call but anything over 2.5x and I'm just folding - people at these stakes basically always have the nuts when they raise huge on the river.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 12:23 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Since the turn was checked through, it's likely no one has aything very strong, so they are probably hoping to get to showdown with medium strength hands (e.g. Jx). Bet-folding river looks mandatory to me, because medium strength hands are likely to check behind. Don't let them see a free showdown! Since villains' ranges are relatively weak, I'd size the river bet fairly small, like 40% of pot, in order to get looked up more often, and allow yourself to get away cheaply if you get shoved on by the nuts.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 03:48 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
they fp_boss

Yes I think you missed a river lead. As people have mentioned above, I think you should expect people to be checking the river often especially when they check through the turn.

On the other hand, there are a lot of second best hands that can call our river bet, not just because we have such a strong hand, but because of how coordinated the board is. The flop better and the flop caller pretty likely have some pieces of the board, especially the latter.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com